+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Diversity for Diversity sake. Sky cricket.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Diversity for Diversity sake. Sky cricket.

Cricket commentary appears to be different to football where the actual commentary is left in the hands of ex players. The male commentators I named have in excess of 520 test caps between them and so much experience of test cricket which they are able to pass on to the viewers. The new woman commentator I notice played 9 women's tests for England and has done very little tv commentary. If she turns out to be as good as the experienced blokes then well done. But that isn't going to happen. It's positive discrimination which to me is just like any other discrimination. Whose place has she taken on the commentary team? Shane Warne. I know who I'd rather listen and learn from.

Re: Diversity for Diversity sake. Sky cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Cricket commentary appears to be different to football where the actual commentary is left in the hands of ex players. The male commentators I named have in excess of 520 test caps between them and so much experience of test cricket which they are able to pass on to the viewers. The new woman commentator I notice played 9 women's tests for England and has done very little tv commentary. If she turns out to be as good as the experienced blokes then well done. But that isn't going to happen. It's positive discrimination which to me is just like any other discrimination. Whose place has she taken on the commentary team? Shane Warne. I know who I'd rather listen and learn from.
    Like discrimination against women commentators, which is fine. If the entire commentary team would have been swapped I'd see your point but you've still got seven ex male players there out of 8. Kicking up a fuss because there's now one woman offering a different insight is ridiculous