+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gruff Rhys tonight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gruff Rhys tonight

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Did he play any SFA stuff? Saw that he tweeted about playing his new record and some "oldies".
    No SFA stuff, to be honest I’ve seen never him do SFA stuff solo. He did about 45 mins of older solo stuff with Sweet Baboo on bass and Kliph Scurlock on drums and two girl backing singers, and then, backed by the National Orchesta of Wales, he played pretty much all the new album. It was a great performance. But then I would say that, I think he’s brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    No SFA stuff, to be honest I’ve seen never him do SFA stuff solo. He did about 45 mins of older solo stuff with Sweet Baboo on bass and Kliph Scurlock on drums and two girl backing singers, and then, backed by the National Orchesta of Wales, he played pretty much all the new album. It was a great performance. But then I would say that, I think he’s brilliant.
    Sounds amazing, wish I could have gone

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Sounds amazing, wish I could have gone
    Me too. Gruff is one of the most talented and creative musicians I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Me too. Gruff is one of the most talented and creative musicians I can think of.
    He never stops!
    I wasn't sure about this new album, but it just grows on you. The Orchestra arrangement was amazing.
    Wonder what he'll come up with next

P.S....hang em up Mike. Get well soon mate.