Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
Well you've already had one example with the Menezes incident. A police officer is killed with a knife and you want to give guns to thousands of people and yet an innocent man is shot by police and you've got all manner of excuses for it.

You're just inviting a police state under which the general public would be completely unable to counter. We're already under surveillance, our rights to congregate and protest are getting curtailed and I don't see arming the police as a good thing for everyday folk in the long run.

I think the difference here is that you feel like you can trust the police force and the government to always do the right thing by the people whereas I think that is naive.

Also, if thousands of new firearms start flooding in some of them will find their way into the hands of criminals. Corruption exists within the police force whether you like it or not. The moment one of these criminals uses a gun on someone, the whole experiment of arming the police would have failed.

Again, I urge you to ask the police officers you know if they 100% trust every officer they've met with a firearm, you might just find that they've probably all come across some of the more hot-headed members of the force who shouldn't be trusted with that kind of responsibility, with or without training.
You have form for making remarks like those. Instead of indulging in critical thinking, invest that time viewing some of the many The Housewives of shows and the like. You'll soon become less sceptical of all things Nanny.