+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pro-Trump march planned for Cardiff

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pro-Trump march planned for Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I don't have a view either way about Trump but what makes you think that all pro Trump marchers hearts are not in the right place? I suppose they are all racists are they?
    I'm not sure this stands up. Trump may or may not be what his opponents label him as but that is how he chose to campaign, and thus if you voted for him or march for him you have to qualify why you're supporting an individual who has made blatant racist, sexist, anti-disability etc. comments.

Considering America's centre-point seems more right-wing (until Bernie started to make strides) than the UK, Trump has been at times far more BNP than UKIP or May style Tory. That he's been welcomed by Farage and May shows just how desperate we are to maintain out relationship with America (in the long run is supporting Trump the best thing for that?) and what they individually see as acceptable behaviour.

Even if Trump speaks your political mindset 80% of the time, with his isolationism and anti-climate tendencies etc, then the answer is to find and back someone doing this 100% of the time rather than spending 20% speaking and acting in a discriminatory way.
    Last edited by surge; 12-02-17 at 16:18.