+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UK CPI inflation at 2.7%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: UK CPI inflation at 2.7%

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Everything seems to be be linked to Brexit (again)
    I voted remain as I thought its just going to be a massive pain in the arse decoupling from the EU with what I think will be very little change. So why go though with it was my thought process.
    To those who voted leave what honestly do you think after all this ****ing hassle is going to be the life changing benefits ?
    Not having a go just intruiged.
    You're barking up the wrong tree. Replace Brexit with negative real interest rates. The BoE base rate is 0.25%, CPI inflation is 2.7%. The government is robbing those people I mentioned in my last post by inflating the debt away.

Re: UK CPI inflation at 2.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You're barking up the wrong tree. Replace Brexit with negative real interest rates. The BoE base rate is 0.25%, CPI inflation is 2.7%. The government is robbing those people I mentioned in my last post by inflating the debt away.
    Yes, it is inflating it's way out of debt. As prices go up, taxes rise, and the money owed shrinks in real terms. Secretly, an inflation rate of 6% - 9% would suit the treasury very well. I can see inflation hitting that sort of figure once the great British pound sell off begins in 6-12 months time. The FTSE will rise though, so even urchins like us can make something out of it.