+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tory promises to build more homes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tory promises to build more homes

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You are missing a trick then. In my area it goes roughly like this -

- Developer makes promise to include xyz
    - Developer then says "oh actually we can't" and the local authority says "oh darn, thanks for trying"
    Such as? For us, it’s a Planning requirement

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Such as? For us, it’s a Planning requirement
    Well for starters there was a development about 200m from my door. Agreed by local area because it was supposed to have a hotel, care home and commercial units. These vanished and they build 90 more flats.

I saw program recently about property in london, I thought it was on channel 4 with phil spencer but I can't find it. He went to a couple of developments that were agreed based on them providing x number of 'affordable' units which never materialised.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Well for starters there was a development about 200m from my door. Agreed by local area because it was supposed to have a hotel, care home and commercial units. These vanished and they build 90 more flats.

I saw program recently about property in london, I thought it was on channel 4 with phil spencer but I can't find it. He went to a couple of developments that were agreed based on them providing x number of 'affordable' units which never materialised.
    This happens all the time. Shocking.