+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Attendance for Kev's match on Sunday?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Attendance for Kev's match on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Putting the testimonial aside for one second, I can't believe how many people take 'Mothers Day' that seriously, what seems more concerning is the fact that the wives-girlfriends-Mums etc, take this shit to actually mean something, and expect to be pampered, spoilt and indulged, simply because they are a Mother. Same goes for Fathers Day, Valentines etc. There are plenty more days in the year when appreciation can be offered, that may take some imagination.
    Agree, if Cardiff or Wales were playing I don't think Mothers/Fathers Day would stop many going

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Agree, if Cardiff or Wales were playing I don't think Mothers/Fathers Day would stop many going
    You're probably right, although I don't want to judge anyone on their reasons why they don't want to attend a football match, that's their business-my point was why people think that they have to spring into action because the shops and adverts tell them too. It's not even an issue in my house, if my wife wanted to do something on Fathers Day (whenever that is) then fill 'yer boots, These days that celebrate the fact that someone is a Mother, Father, Grand mother etc, are contrived and lazy, and I think that spouses and partners who feel the need to be indulged on these days are acting in a selfish and childish manner. Let's be honest, it doesn't take much imagination or thought, just a case of 'doing your duty' I'll be going tomorrow, I may ask my wife to join me, my mother is working, and anyway, some set 'Mothers Day' menu in some crowded overpriced mediocre restaurant , being served by people on minimum wage and a zero hour contract just doesn't appeal. Bring on Super Kev!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You're probably right, although I don't want to judge anyone on their reasons why they don't want to attend a football match, that's their business-my point was why people think that they have to spring into action because the shops and adverts tell them too. It's not even an issue in my house, if my wife wanted to do something on Fathers Day (whenever that is) then fill 'yer boots, These days that celebrate the fact that someone is a Mother, Father, Grand mother etc, are contrived and lazy, and I think that spouses and partners who feel the need to be indulged on these days are acting in a selfish and childish manner. Let's be honest, it doesn't take much imagination or thought, just a case of 'doing your duty' I'll be going tomorrow, I may ask my wife to join me, my mother is working, and anyway, some set 'Mothers Day' menu in some crowded overpriced mediocre restaurant , being served by people on minimum wage and a zero hour contract just doesn't appeal. Bring on Super Kev!
    It's simple really - a day the missus enjoys as we go for a meal with the kids. It's not taken that seriously, just something she looks forward to. Given I disappear every home City game it's not a lot to ask that I'm around for it imo.