+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ninian stand level 5

Re: Ninian stand level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    That’s brilliant.

Caerphilly is a football town with loads of City fans and a huge amount of youngsters starting to take an interest.

Our bus used to have just my lad and his mate as under 18s on away games, now 2 thirds of the bus are teenagers.

They don’t half make a noise too 👍

I’m so pleased we are having a big crowd tomorrow and we’ll done to the club for doing stuff like this.

Sometimes people live in a bubble and need a nudge to get engaged
    It’s great that you take the time and effort to run transport to Away games.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    It’s great that you take the time and effort to run transport to Away games.
    The 70's at Ninian Park were incredible,like previously mentioned walking under Grange end stand was mad,full of litter .But the atmosphere was always fantastic,even if we had to take our lives in our hands entering sloper road and being surrounded by hostile away fans!!

Not sure if all tickets have now been put up for sale, it looked like it a few days ago, but there’s less than 300 left now online
    Looks like only about 80 in Upper Ninian, 150 in Middle Tier and a handful in the Grandstand left

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m with you on Ninian Park ‘eventually’ being a dump & we did need to move but we’re on about 30+ years ago here. It was of its time, every ground was more or less the same at the time, it was all we knew. So, no, us lot looking back to our 60s/early 70s days aren’t looking through rose tinted glasses, we looking back at the reality of football at that time. The ones who look back on the 90s/early 2000s at Ninian Park with fondness, now that’s another matter. Us lot, you included, who look back in the Jones, Swindin, Scoular days at the ground have every right to be nostalgic ��
    Spot on SP. The Ninian of the 70s holds the nostalgia for me. The ground started to be a dump when the old grange end was being taken down.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I don't understand all this nostalgia for Ninian Park. The place was a dump unfit for human habitation. And this is from a person who has been supporting the side since 1958 with more than 20 years as a season ticket holder. I am afraid that many are looking through rose tinted glasses.
    I don't think the nostalgia is about the ground itself, rather the "atmosphere" we had as youngsters in that wonderful huge wooden floored Grange. Where friendships were made which endured until the rebrand.

If someone has no nostalgia about their youthful days, then it must have led a pretty boring youth.

That’s brilliant.

Caerphilly is a football town with loads of City fans and a huge amount of youngsters starting to take an interest.

Our bus used to have just my lad and his mate as under 18s on away games, now 2 thirds of the bus are teenagers.

They don’t half make a noise too ��

I’m so pleased we are having a big crowd tomorrow and we’ll done to the club for doing stuff like this.

Sometimes people live in a bubble and need a nudge to get engaged
    Got a feeling the tickets we got given are right next to the away fans as the tickets are marked overflow, guess it’s because Burnley didn’t sell out and the no mans land doesn’t need to be so big.