+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: HULL CITY 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Re: HULL CITY v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

double post :(

Can't stand much more, going for a walk, back at 5.
    Please god, smile on us today.

9 passes! That's over double the 4 others were on about the other day. Progress!

Need to watch out for Grujic though. The last thing we need is to go down to ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    For those of you unable to watch the game...

It's been a bit like the game at Brentford. We started really shakey and couldn't string together more than 3 passes. Hull had lots of play down the flanks, especially Grosicki down their left. We are dealing with their crosses well enough, although they did have one moment when the ball dropped for one of theirs but it came to nothing.

As the half went on we got a little more confident and I counted 9 passes that won us the corner that Mozza headed home for the opener. Since then it's been nearly all us with Bamba having a particularly good time stopping anything that they throw forward. Hoilett could have made it 2 near the end, bringing a double save from Mcgregor.

The ref has probably got everything right so far. He isn't missing a thing. He even booked one of their players for a lunge from behind on Mendez which didn't connect and the home fans went nuts. But you can't do that.

We do need a second goal though because Hull have plenty who can score. Come on city!!!
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    For those of you unable to watch the game...

It's been a bit like the game at Brentford. We started really shakey and couldn't string together more than 3 passes. Hull had lots of play down the flanks, especially Grosicki down their left. We are dealing with their crosses well enough, although they did have one moment when the ball dropped for one of theirs but it came to nothing.

As the half went on we got a little more confident and I counted 9 passes that won us the corner that Mozza headed home for the opener. Since then it's been nearly all us with Bamba having a particularly good time stopping anything that they throw forward. Hoilett could have made it 2 near the end, bringing a double save from Mcgregor.

The ref has probably got everything right so far. He isn't missing a thing. He even booked one of their players for a lunge from behind on Mendez which didn't connect and the home fans went nuts. But you can't do that.

We do need a second goal though because Hull have plenty who can score. Come on city!!!
    Thanks again mate.

Bryson on for Grujic. Wise move.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Need to watch out for Grujic though. The last thing we need is to go down to ten.
    Off for Bryson. Neil taking no chances.

He been subbed so thats something

Bryson on for Grujic. Wise move.
    Yep, got to make decisions based on how the game goes. He was a tackle or two from being sent off.

grujic off which is prob a smart move as on yellow

So now that's two subs "wasted" ( for me Grujic should have started ).

We've now only one sub left to change the game / deal with injuries.

Last 5 or so games, our sub management has been poor.

Paterson really should have scored that header a few minutes ago. We need to keep Pushing and they will crumble.

defence having a mid afternoon knap

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    So now that's two subs "wasted" ( for me Grujic should have started ).

We've now only one sub left to change the game / deal with injuries.

Last 5 or so games, our sub management has been poor.
    I thought that I had seen everything on this board but that one takes the biscuit.

we've stooped to their level and this could be a mistake, need to get assertive and up the game

It's starting to go a bit like the Derby game did in the second half. Hull have really increased the intensity. We've gpt to push up and stop this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I thought that I had seen everything on this board but that one takes the biscuit.
    I know, it's far above your intellect level.

In recent games, we made a fair number of changes. Players who could change the game left on bench. As a result, due to having to make subs due to injuries, that meant we had to leave game changers on the bench. Is that explained simply enough for you?

Like I said, imo ( and others ), Grujic should have started. Ok, Gunnar injured, fine. There's one sub Grujic seems to have lost his head - that's tied up a second sub to avoid a red card.

keep the fvckin ball!

Just found the game on Twitch stream

https://m.twitch.tv/guiriandres83

Brum losing, need something on final day as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I know, it's far above your intellect level.

In recent games, we made a fair number of changes. Players who could change the game left on bench. As a result, due to having to make subs due to injuries, that meant we had to leave game changers on the bench. Is that explained simply enough for you?

Like I said, imo ( and others ), Grujic should have started. Ok, Gunnar injured, fine. There's one sub Grujic seems to have lost his head - that's tied up a second sub to avoid a red card.
    Didnt say that I didnt understand it - just thought it was particularly silly. Injuries have mainly explained our recent subs policy during games and today both subs were essential due to the reasons given. How is any of that the managers fault. His hands have been generally tied by what is going on on the pitch. If not for the injuries to other players and booking today, Grujic would probably have had much more game time.

Reading now losing at home.

We are so careless with the ball

I'm shitting bricks here..