+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Energy bills to rise by 54% a year for millions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Energy bills to rise by 54% a year for millions

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Billionaire Chancellor, Rishi Sunak, advised struggling families to take out credit to pay for their energy bills.

BP celebrated a staggering $20 BILLION profit, ensuring massive dividends for their shareholders, including many Tory MP's and Peers.

Johnson in 2016 "BREXIT will guarantee lower fuel prices"

Meanwhile, in Parliament, Johnson makes a snide remark about Starmer for not prosecuting Savile, despite Savile being the darling of the conservatives, a campaigner for the conservatives, appointed to oversee a hospital by the conservatives (where he was abusing children and corpses), knighted due to the conservatives and even after his death defended by some conservatives - Norman Tebbit.

Happy Friday.
    Some excellent points there AB. Maggie Thatcher adored him; they were bosom buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Some excellent points there AB. Maggie Thatcher adored him; they were bosom buddies.
    Thanks Dorcus... just trying to lighten the mood for a Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Spent Christmases together…..very cosy…..three heads in a bed with the queen’s second son perhaps.

I've sobered up now, my spell check is back working, my typing hand /fist is no longer swollen .

We could be self efficient if we didn't restrain ourselves so much now , yes renewables are the answer in the long term, surely it’s about the timing and how we get there .

The green levy is being paid and hurting consumer especially now as world prices go up driven by foreign governments decisions and our lack of self efficiency..

Yes the climate act change in 2008 affected us all sadly its not delivered the benefits quick enough by suspending it we buy some time for the needy .

We actual don't need to import energy we could use our reserves just to get over the next few years we sit on hundreds of years’ worth of coal / oil

We buy in trillions of tonnes of coal to burn whilst we are sat on it

We import Electricity even though we have wind / solar farms, sadly when there is little wind or sun we run low .

USA is now self-efficient by using shale , which we temporary could exploit , the USA kilowatt power is half that of UK .

Why are we not building Nuclear Power stations ?? Hopefully the Roll Royce builds will come on line soon

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've sobered up now, my spell check is back working, my typing hand /fist is no longer swollen .

We could be self efficient if we didn't restrain ourselves so much now , yes renewables are the answer in the long term, surely it’s about the timing and how we get there .

The green levy is being paid and hurting consumer especially now as world prices go up driven by foreign governments decisions and our lack of self efficiency..

Yes the climate act change in 2008 affected us all sadly its not delivered the benefits quick enough by suspending it we buy some time for the needy .

We actual don't need to import energy we could use our reserves just to get over the next few years we sit on hundreds of years’ worth of coal / oil

We import Electricity even though we have wind / solar farms, sadly when there is little wind or sun we run low .

USA is now self-efficient by using shale , which we temporary could exploit , the USA kilowatt power is half that of UK .

Why are we not building Nuclear Power stations ?? Hopefully the Roll Royce builds will come on line soon
    The wholesale price for gas and electricity has doubled under the new energy cap leading to windfall profits for the extraction and generating companies. Compensating energy suppliers for taking on customers from failed suppliers caught out by those rises has added around £70 to the tariff.

The green levy, which is applied to energy companies and rebated if they use renewables raised £2 billion per annum. Under the new cap energy companies have been allowed to increase their profits by 60% from £23 to £37 per tariff. The extra VAT raised on the higher prices results in an extra £2 billion into treasury coffers.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...ects-your-bill

Still, Ed Milliband and the green levy, foreign governments and lack of "self efficiency" eh. Glad you have sobered up.

Im going out on a limb here

all of the above is the Tories fault, mostly Boris but past tories should also be blamed

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Im going out on a limb here

all of the above is the Tories fault, mostly Boris but past tories should also be blamed
    You were probably being ironic given that LoM tried to pin it all on a Labour Government levy introduced in 2002 in his opening post.

I completely agree with you on nuclear. It's environmentally friendly (in terms of Co2), reliable and can last 40 years. I don't understand why we've been so reliant on foreign resources when we should have made long term investments like this decades ago.