+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a terrible, desperately-boring game...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What a terrible, desperately-boring game...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Almost as shocking as Madine, how he got applauded off baffles me. Perhaps I don't understand football
    Did you not see the lay off to Bacuna for the goal ? He deserved his applause just for that. We won the game because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Did you not see the lay off to Bacuna for the goal ? He deserved his applause just for that. We won the game because of it.
    This post just proves how low expectations have dropped when it comes to rating centre forwards at Cardiff City. Yes, it was a great flick by him for the goal and it means people like you finally have something else besides headers to set up goals at Sheffield United and Ipswich and the fact that you don't think he missed a penalty against Wolves because his feeble effort was saved (and, anyway, it was a better missed penalty than Junior Hoilett's a few minutes later ) to try to show that he is worth the £6 million we paid for him nearly two years ago - based on all of the facts, Madine has been an awful signing as three assists and no goal proves.

I thought he was poor overall last night and that came after what I rated as a promising showing at Charlton where, for a period in the first half in particular, he was a real nuisance to their centrebacks.

It seemed to me that he mistimed an awful lot of jumps last night and so was nowhere near the ball when it reached him. I will say that anyone who has played up front for City in recent seasons deserves a degree of sympathy because it is a thankless task for most of the time and I applauded Madine when he came off because he's a City player and I did think he put the effort in, but at other clubs there wouldn't be the sort of clutching at straws with him that you are indulging in and I'd have Danny Ward back in the starting line up at Forest at Madine's expense based on his performance last night.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This post just proves how low expectations have dropped when it comes to rating centre forwards at Cardiff City. Yes, it was a great flick by him for the goal and it means people like you finally have something else besides headers to set up goals at Sheffield United and Ipswich and the fact that you don't think he missed a penalty against Wolves because his feeble effort was saved (and, anyway, it was a better missed penalty than Junior Hoilett's a few minutes later ) to try to show that he is worth the £6 million we paid for him nearly two years ago - based on all of the facts, Madine has been an awful signing as three assists and no goal proves.

I thought he was poor overall last night and that came after what I rated as a promising showing at Charlton where, for a period in the first half in particular, he was a real nuisance to their centrebacks.

It seemed to me that he mistimed an awful lot of jumps last night and so was nowhere near the ball when it reached him. I will say that anyone who has played up front for City in recent seasons deserves a degree of sympathy because it is a thankless task for most of the time and I applauded Madine when he came off because he's a City player and I did think he put the effort in, but at other clubs there wouldn't be the sort of clutching at straws with him that you are indulging in and I'd have Danny Ward back in the starting line up at Forest at Madine's expense based on his performance last night.
    This is exactly right.