+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whitts watch

Whitts watch

Whitts was an unused sub last night in their 3-1 win at Coventry

Re: Whitts watch

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Whitts was an unused sub last night in their 3-1 win at Coventry
    Yeah I noticed that too. Seems like a waste if Whitts was promised some game time.

He sits where he wants now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too. Seems like a waste if Whitts was promised some game time.

He sits where he wants now.
    Rested, Shirley?

Tony must be on for a ban, nqat.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Tony must be on for a ban, nqat.
    He shouldnt have mentioned the leg end Loramski.

Suprised that they scored a beauty of a free kick at Southend and some imposter took it!!!!!!!!

A Rolex at a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    A Rolex at a guess.
    I've heard from someone very close to Whitts that this is true but I really hope it isn't true even though I'm claiming to have heard it from a top source I'm saying I hope it isn't true to give me an out in the event that it isn't true. If it does turn out to be true I would look like a right ITK though. I just hope it isn't true.

He started in the league on the weekend. I'm sure he was just rested. He's the best player in the bloody league!

Sat next to some people from Blackburn tonight whilst on holiday. They were rugby fans and not at all interested in football so my mention Whitts fell on very uninterested ears.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Sat next to some people from Blackburn tonight whilst on holiday. They were rugby fans and not at all interested in football so my mention Whitts fell on very uninterested ears.
    How's the weather in Skegness?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How's the weather in Skegness?
    No idea mate.

Subbed after 57 minutes in Blackburns 1-3 home defeat

This day just keeps getting better for me !

Reading a few comments on brfcs. It appears Rovers went 3 in midfield and pushed Whitts into an attacking midfield role. The substitution would appear to have been to change formation and go with a front two.

While it's worth bearing in mind that they lost and are currently in the bottom 2 (early days and all that), a few have commented that they think Whitts is Danny Murphy mk II, presumably not in the type of footballer, but because Murphy went to Rovers as a bit of a marquee signing but ended up having his contract terminated.

A few have said that Whitts needs legs in midfield to support him, one said they need him for corners and free kicks (!) but the general view appears to have been that he was rather anonymous today. One reviewer was much more scathing, writing this: "Whittingham - 1 - Lost the ball every time he got it in a tight area then just shrugged and gave up. When he got it with time to pass there was no-one to pass to. Literally a waste of time him turning up, but not entirely his fault. Subbed."

Let's hope Whitts can turn things around and show he still can be a class performer. It appears that Rovers are in a bit of a state at the moment, certainly not the easiest situation for Whitts to be at his best.

Fantastic judgement by Neil Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I agree. Quite clear that he is way past his best and wouldn't get a sniff in our current side.

Quote Originally Posted by Glos Blue View Post
    I agree. Quite clear that he is way past his best and wouldn't get a sniff in our current side.
    It's sad to see, but all good things come to an end. I see some posters are even ditching their Whitts avatars. The king is dead, long live the king!

It's sad to see, but all good things come to an end. I see some posters are even ditching their Whitts avatars. The king is dead, long live the king!
    Some were questioning the signings of Mendez-Laing and Damour, asking why we couldn't keep hold of Whitts. Early doors, I accept, but seems like Warnock was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He shouldnt have mentioned the leg end Loramski.
    What did I miss? I've got the Loan Watch legal team on stand-by in case it was libellous.

Sadly yes .
    Seems a timely move for us .

Footy is not for the faint hearted.
    Warnock is no fool.
    Blackburn are going down .
    Whitts to retire at the end of the year .
    City to go up.
    Testimonial to follow, only 5k turn up,

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    This day just keeps getting better for me !
    Happy that a player who played 10 years for the club isn't doing too well?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Reading a few comments on brfcs. It appears Rovers went 3 in midfield and pushed Whitts into an attacking midfield role. The substitution would appear to have been to change formation and go with a front two.

While it's worth bearing in mind that they lost and are currently in the bottom 2 (early days and all that), a few have commented that they think Whitts is Danny Murphy mk II, presumably not in the type of footballer, but because Murphy went to Rovers as a bit of a marquee signing but ended up having his contract terminated.

A few have said that Whitts needs legs in midfield to support him, one said they need him for corners and free kicks (!) but the general view appears to have been that he was rather anonymous today. One reviewer was much more scathing, writing this: "Whittingham - 1 - Lost the ball every time he got it in a tight area then just shrugged and gave up. When he got it with time to pass there was no-one to pass to. Literally a waste of time him turning up, but not entirely his fault. Subbed."

Let's hope Whitts can turn things around and show he still can be a class performer. It appears that Rovers are in a bit of a state at the moment, certainly not the easiest situation for Whitts to be at his best.
    Thanks for this. Came into this thread looking for this kind of feedback. Really hope he does better going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    What did I miss? I've got the Loan Watch legal team on stand-by in case it was libellous.
    I can't repeat it , needless to say it has been removed quick style by MM .

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I might've suggested that the OP wasn't quite up to the standard set by your good self.

Let's just say it didn't go down too well.