+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trolling and general stupidity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Trolling and general stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Ever thought about going via the funding route off the users or its just too complicated and expensive?

If you accept bitcoin i'll support
    It's a time consuming financial risk.

I could get a hosting site, divert ccmb.co.uk to it and install the forum software. I'd lose cardiffcity-mad and just focus on ccmb.co.uk. Everyone would probably have to re-register again.

I have thought about it. It might work, I might be able to fund via more responsible, sensible advertising but it all needs to be thought through and a plan put in place.

I'm not sure subscriptions from users would work. Messageboards tend to be free to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It's a time consuming financial risk.

I could get a hosting site, divert ccmb.co.uk to it and install the forum software. I'd lose cardiffcity-mad and just focus on ccmb.co.uk. Everyone would probably have to re-register again.

I have thought about it. It might work, I might be able to fund via more responsible, sensible advertising but it all needs to be thought through and a plan put in place.

I'm not sure subscriptions from users would work. Messageboards tend to be free to use.

To be fair Mike you've done a wonderful job on the whole site over the last decade and beyond and need to be applauded.

when i'm rich i'll fund you every month so you can retire and just manage the site

To be fair Mike you've done a wonderful job on the whole site over the last decade and beyond and need to be applauded.

when i'm rich i'll fund you every month so you can retire and just manage the site
    Thank you

the arse licking in this thread