Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
Sawyers has been a good Championship player, and I like him personally.

Imagine the message it sends to players like J Colwill. "He was nearly out the door but no club came in for him, and the manager still fancies him on the bench ahead of you"

This is another reason to have someone above the manager responsible for player transfers, but that's a non starter here because we have absolutely no identity and just let manager after manager come in and re style the team so we've always got a steady flow of deadwood blocking player development.
Agree in what is the harm of putting youngsters on the bench at the expense of someone who will not be here until next year

However bulut isn't the only recent manager at Cardiff who have been reluctant to do this we have not been blessed with managers who were willing to blood the youngsters on a consistent and developmental basis

For me our recent succession of managers is down to lack of a coherent strategy at the club and this for me comes back to limited football experience at board level and a lack of reflection and lessons learnt over the last decade or so - we seem to make the same mistake time and time again