Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
T.B.F TBG, your memoirs on here of your extensive carbon footprint gloriously detailing of your worldwide travels obviously unaware of the CO2 harm you were taking part in, Undoubtly you will have seen poverty on your travels, have you ever lived it ?
I'm not unaware of CO2 harm that flying entails. Ironically, travelling a few times a year has made me aware that forgoing my trips would represent the most miniscule drop in the ocean after seeing endless factories all round the world belching out an incredible amount of pollution, enormous fire pits that have been burning non-stop as far back as the 60s, gas wells that have been burning for decades and a lot else. That may sound like a cop-out but there you go.
(In the UK, I usually drive a one-litre car, not every day and my mileage is low).
As for poverty (and my champagne comment was obviously said in irony), yes, I have seen appalling poverty around the world and thank my lucky star that I was born in one of the richest countries around the world.
As for experiencing poverty myself, I was brought up only having hot meals on the weekend, not having the house heated and going to school with holes in the soles of my shoes.