Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
The top four was a closed shop, but since Man City forced their way in it's become more open. Spurs are genuine contenders every year now.

Chelsea will probably win it this season. They finished 10th last season. Man Utd's last three finishes are 5th, 4th and 7th after being 1st or 2nd nearly every season for two decades. It definitely doesn't pick itself any more. Again, I'd like you to tell me a time when you couldn't have a very accurate stab at who would finish in the top end.

As for the Championship, Norwich bounced back in one season last time they came down. Maybe they won't this season but Newcastle will. Villa are a badly run club, so it's no surprise they are struggling. The three promoted teams last season were Burnley, Hull and Middlesbro - Burnley and Hull have both been promoted three times in less than a decade, while Middlesbro were an established PL team for over a decade themselves, until they slumped.

In fact, since we got promoted, Bournemouth is the only 'new' team to go up. It would be amazing if Brighton and Huddersfield both manage it this season.
i agree over newcastle going up: , but this season two teams out of brighton, huddersfield, leeds, sheffield wednesday, reading or maybe even fulham are going to join them. none of them sides have been in the premier league for donkeys years , in fact some have never been in the premier league at all .

the point i am making is there is far more variety in the championship and chance of promotion, i could hazard a guess already who will finish top four in the premier league next season , me and many others including probably yourself, would not have a clue with any certainty who will be top six in the championship next season.