+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's the striker ?

Re: Who's the striker ?

In reality what are we looking at, 8-10 million tops & max 20k a week ?

How about Paul onuachu

According to this https://www.spotrac.com/epl/cardiff-city-f.c/payroll/ Ken was on 16.5k a week & our highest paid players at present are Reid & Smithies who are both on 30k.
    Not sure how accurate those figures are though ?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    According to this https://www.spotrac.com/epl/cardiff-city-f.c/payroll/ Ken was on 16.5k a week & our highest paid players at present are Reid & Smithies who are both on 30k.
    Surely Smithies wouldn't be on £30k

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I should imagine Scott Hogan will be surplus requirements at Aston Villa.
    Nice if he could rediscover his Brentford form.

According to the "highly respected site" (WOL"s words not mine) he is ?

I'm certainly hoping that wage figure is wrong for someone who did not play a single minute of league football last season and is currently touring with our kids in Devon and Cornwall rather than in America - if Smithies is really on that much, we're going to struggle to sell him and I'd say a loan move with us still paying a portion of his wages beckons.

As for replacing Zohore and Healey, I'd say £10 million and 20 grand a week is definitely at the very low end of the range we could hope to get someone better than Zohore if we choose to shop in the domestic market.

Agreed TOBW where the domestic market is concerned but I am talking about overseas players ie 10 million "should" get an overseas player capable of scoring in the championship bearing in mind Sala would have been 15 million.
    Domestically we would be looking at 20 million I would have thought ?

Quote Originally Posted by dicey1966 View Post
    Andy Carroll, seems to be gathering traction . We have a rep for buying crocks
    Does he care :

Andy Carroll net worth: Andy Carroll is an English professional soccer player who has a net worth of $25 million.

Glen Murray would get us up ,or Troy if the Deeney

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If my aunty had wheels, she'd be a bicycle. He's not good enough, is on about 40k a week and has an injury record that makes Jack Wilshere's look good. No, no, no!
    I knew someones aunty who everyone said was a bike and she didn't have any wheels.

(well someone had to say it!)

Agreed TOBW where the domestic market is concerned but I am talking about overseas players ie 10 million "should" get an overseas player capable of scoring in the championship bearing in mind Sala would have been 15 million.
    Domestically we would be looking at 20 million I would have thought ?
    The Top striker in the Championship last season was a free transfer to Norwich?