+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ajax

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ajax

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The only time players annoy me is when they clearly don't try to live up to their potential, with someone like Antonio Cassano as a classic example.

Having said all that, it is a dog eat dog world and I don't really blame him if he feels he can't be bothered to show loyalty and effort for a club that barely cares about him. He wasn't half bad trying, in his own words, at 30-40%, although he did try about 65% at Real Madrid because they deserve some effort...
    I know what you mean but part of me loves eccentric characters like Cassano. Did you see Di Baggio recent comment about youngsters who are on instagram in the changing rooms? He said he wants to knock their teeth out with a baseball bat!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I know what you mean but part of me loves eccentric characters like Cassano. Did you see Di Baggio recent comment about youngsters who are on instagram in the changing rooms? He said he wants to knock their teeth out with a baseball bat!
    I did and I absolutely love Cassano, he is infuriating but he's there to have fun, which is nice in the game today! Everyone takes it far too seriously. Also, if he was that good when he didn't try, I'd love to see him actually put a shift in!

Loved that comment, he's got some great tattoos too, like this hazard warning from his tackles: http://imgur.com/gallery/nxgEpmC

I don't know if competitive football is the answer but one of the features on Icelandic football over the summer noted that the generation before trained infrequently in rough conditions whereas the generation of tomorrow train well in the indoor facilities and the type of player coming through is changing, more technically able but not able to grow a beard like Aaron. I think you need young players to have both the technical development but also something (perhaps competitive football) which gives them the toughness to survive in adult football.

My Mam always bought Vim not Ajax.