+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 30 Ventilators

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback

Re: 30 Ventilators

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I didn't ask the question, you did, and where have I said it was a left/right issue? Why are you unable to stop yourself from dividing this issue along political lines?

South Korea and Germany appear on the face of it to have managed this significantly better than we have. South Korea made decisions quickly and Germany appear to have immense spare capacity in their health service.

Sweden are following something pretty close to our original plan ironically.
    stick your had in the sand all you like but many posters in this thread, before I entered the fray, were making the UK lack's of preparedness a political issue.

Germany has a much better healthcare system that the UK. That's because the Germans use a mix of private and public healthcare provision - almost all service delivery is by the private sector with funding either from the state or your private insurance. We could learn so much from the Germans on healthcare delivery, but too many are myopic and prefer political dogma over practicality and results.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    stick your had in the sand all you like but many posters in this thread, before I entered the fray, were making the UK lack's of preparedness a political issue.

Germany has a much better healthcare system that the UK. That's because the Germans use a mix of private and public healthcare provision - almost all service delivery is by the private sector with funding either from the state or your private insurance. We could learn so much from the Germans on healthcare delivery, but too many are myopic and prefer political dogma over practicality and results.
    It is a political issue, the current Government were vastly unprepared.

If you have your tongue so far up the government's arse you think that's a right/left issue that's on you.

This post is political dogma in itself.
    The only time the private sector is better for the customer than the public sector is when there is genuine market competition. That is never going to be the case for the cast majority of health care provision.
    The German system is pretty good, but it has been funded better than our system for as long as records began. If we matched their funding for a decaslde or more I think our system would be better. As it is, even with a significant funding disparity the NHS is on a par with Germany in a number of measures. Life expectancy etc

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    This post is political dogma in itself.
    The only time the private sector is better for the customer than the public sector is when there is genuine market competition. That is never going to be the case for the cast majority of health care provision.
    The German system is pretty good, but it has been funded better than our system for as long as records began. If we matched their funding for a decaslde or more I think our system would be better. As it is, even with a significant funding disparity the NHS is on a par with Germany in a number of measures. Life expectancy etc
    we've had this discussion before so in the interests of brevity I won't go over it again, save to say its more than just life expectancy that is a desirable outcome. its quality of life from cradle to grave, and the German (and French) system is better than ours. They have genuine market competition, we could do but as you've seen in this thread, dogma is preferred over outcomes.

we've had this discussion before so in the interests of brevity I won't go over it again, save to say its more than just life expectancy that is a desirable outcome. its quality of life from cradle to grave, and the German (and French) system is better than ours. They have genuine market competition, we could do but as you've seen in this thread, dogma is preferred over outcomes.
    They don't have anything like a perfect market competition, and there are many metrics that our system compares very well against yours, just not your own metric of "I went to the drs in Germany and it was great"

I could say the same about you, your irrational distrust of anything public sector encourages you to ignore the elephant in the room which is that we have a critical per head under spend on healthcare when compared to similar countries (like Germany).

From Wikipedia. It probably doesn't tell the whole story but interesting nevertheless.

1920px-Health_care_cost_rise.svg.jpg