+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tory promises to build more homes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tory promises to build more homes

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Increasing taxation doesn't prime the economy. It leads to higher unemployment and a lower tax tax take. Increased public services leads to higher expenditure and will add to the deficit and I thought you were complaining about the Tories failing to reduce the deficit in their planned period.

Just seen John McDonnel being embarrassed by Andrew Neil. Clearly the shadow Chancellor does't understand what borrowing means.
    We have been hoodwinked into thinking getting the deficit to zero is the answer to our problems ....it's the Tories who have made that the key to their economic policy ........and it is they who have failed to deliver on this promise time and time again

I am a fan of Keynes , you are clearly not

You sound like a neo con to me , no wonder you have the views on taxation that you do

I would replace the current shadow chancellor but I agree with what he says and much of the country does too

Re: Tory promises to build more homes

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We have been hoodwinked into thinking getting the deficit to zero is the answer to our problems ....it's the Tories who have made that the key to their economic policy ........and it is they who have failed to deliver on this promise time and time again

I am a fan of Keynes , you are clearly not

You sound like a neo con to me , no wonder you have the views on taxation that you do

I would replace the current shadow chancellor but I agree with what he says and much of the country does too
    My post was merely correcting your assertion that increasing taxation primes the economy. It does not. As to my voting habits I am a now a floating voter as I regard myself to be sufficiently astute to make up my own mind and not follow blindly one particular Party. Although I was a card carrying member of the Labour Party for many years I couldn't bring myself to agree with much Corbyn and Co have to offer especially as the solution is not to chuck money at any problem that might arise.