+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Water found on distant planet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Water found on distant planet

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You need to read up on the difference between the definitions of a normal theory and a scientific theory.

Oh silly me !
    Alright then , scientists have detected a ****ing big dragon in the cloud cover above Mount Everest, and unless you give me 10p for every carrier bag you buy, including VAT for the government on every one it will piss into the oceans of the world causing water levels to rise and destroy the planet.
    Some nut cases might doubt this, but let me assure you that you'll be really clever and scientific if you believe it - only really clever and intelligent people can understand the science you see.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Oh silly me !
    Alright then , scientists have detected a ****ing big dragon in the cloud cover above Mount Everest, and unless you give me 10p for every carrier bag you buy, including VAT for the government on every one it will piss into the oceans of the world causing water levels to rise and destroy the planet.
    Some nut cases might doubt this, but let me assure you that you'll be really clever and scientific if you believe it - only really clever and intelligent people can understand the science you see.
    You're a strange, sad man

Current equipment is only able to determine basic factors such as distance, mass and temperature but sophisticated tools developed at University College London have been able to translate existing data from the Hubble Space Telescope to make sense of the unique molecule signatures of water vapour.
    Seems pretty conclusive to me tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You're a strange, sad man

I'm sure you find independent thinking very strange and you're probably much happier in yourself by avoiding it, so in that sense I suppose you avoid "sadness"