+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Do you think we'll stay up?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - no problem

4 5.26%
  • Quietly Optimistic - we should be ok

22 28.95%
  • Will be a struggle but hope they can pull it off

41 53.95%
  • No chance - we'll be bottom

7 9.21%
  • LFW

2 2.63%

Thread: Do you think we'll stay up next season?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Do you think we'll stay up next season?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I can't see us finishing last due to Warnock's character and the types of players we have signed.

I think we have done at least 80% (a representative figure only) of our dealings this summer and if the final 20% is as impressive then I think we will stay up. Still need a striker, midfielder and CB, or a plan to cover for not having enough depth in these positions.
    We have CB covered. Connolly is our backup there and is more than capable (we used him as a right back in the premier league last time and he has made it clear on many occasions he doesn't like playing there) and has just signed a new deal.

Cunningham is also able to play CB.

Midfielder and striker is what's being sorted currently. I'd say the problem area is right full back personally, however Paterson and Manga are able to play there, even if it's not their best or preferred position.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    We have CB covered. Connolly is our backup there and is more than capable (we used him as a right back in the premier league last time and he has made it clear on many occasions he doesn't like playing there) and has just signed a new deal.

Cunningham is also able to play CB.

Midfielder and striker is what's being sorted currently. I'd say the problem area is right full back personally, however Paterson and Manga are able to play there, even if it's not their best or preferred position.
    Manga would get slaughtered playing right-back in the Premier. He was exposed a number of times playing there in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Manga would get slaughtered playing right-back in the Premier. He was exposed a number of times playing there in the Championship.
    Indeed. Hence why I said right back is our problem area in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Absolutely torn to shreds.

Pelts is a good defender and you know you can trust him. As long as he stays healthy he will do what we need him to do. However, his physical game might get him a few suspensions with the protection that the big clubs get so I wouldn't mind having another right back.