+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our new kit :yikes:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Our new kit :yikes:

Blue shorts.

Details of the protest march to follow....

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ty-kit-launch/

Looks fine to me. Especially the 'vibrant solar green base with a contrasting melange print' on the away kit. Lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Blue shorts.

Details of the protest march to follow....

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ty-kit-launch/

Looks fine to me. Especially the 'vibrant solar green base with a contrasting melange print' on the away kit. Lovely!
    WTF is a melange print???

Btw, how come the away shorts are white and the home blue? Better than nothing I suppose, and no more fecking red!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

Btw, how come the away shorts are white and the home blue? Better than nothing I suppose, and no more fecking red!
    It would be pretty awful if they played without shorts, I wouldn't care for that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It would be pretty awful if they played without shorts, I wouldn't care for that at all.
    Ah, but I bet you wouldn't mind if Tommy Smith was still here you saucy minx

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

Definition of mélange
    : a mixture often of incongruous elements e.g. mélange of architectural styles

They have not spent months working on this. My impression is that the sponsor logo is too high up (think wolves also suffered with this last year) so club badge is pushed up towards the collar bone. There isn't really a way you can get excited about it; all you can say is that it's blue - thank goodness.

At least it will help ship last year's kit.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    They have not spent months working on this. My impression is that the sponsor logo is too high up (think wolves also suffered with this last year) so club badge is pushed up towards the collar bone. There isn't really a way you can get excited about it; all you can say is that it's blue - thank goodness.

At least it will help ship last year's kit.
    Unless you're under 12 years old, or your name is Dai Hunt, is a football kit really something to get excited about?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Unless you're under 12 years old, or your name is Dai Hunt, is a football kit really something to get excited about?!?!
    I'm 52 and I still get (moderately) excited about football kits. Especially in international tournaments.

Last year's France and England kits were a disgrace. Russia and Belgium's (away) kits were lush.

I'd give our new kit 5/10. The away kit is an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm 52 and I still get (moderately) excited about football kits. Especially in international tournaments.

Last year's France and England kits were a disgrace. Russia and Belgium's (away) kits were lush.

I'd give our new kit 5/10. The away kit is an abomination.
    Nice to know I'm not alone. I like a stylish football top, and our home shirt got close before it was turned into a stag do t-shirt.

France have had a history of good kits, so I understand your indignation about last year's.