+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: generational inequality

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: generational inequality

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    It's far harder to buy a house primarily due to immigration yet hard lefties like you won't ever admit it. You'll blame everything but immigration
    My son took the keys last week to his 1st house and now has a 40 year mortgage to contend with, when myself and Doris leave this earth then his financial problems will ease but not disappear so you could say he has a safety net, however, he doesn't go sulking on social forums like this complaining on how the world has tucked him up, he just got a 2nd Job saved for a ridiculous deposit and has taken the plunge. TBF to him, he worked out far sooner than i did, their isn't one single politician of any badge colour worth a wank and certainly not worth a 10 min walk to a polling booth. If you want it enough then you can achieve it, I could never have afforded to have gone to University and I'm glad that I didn't, those who did from my era and skool some have done very nicely but good luck to them, no envy, and a pat on the back to them the country needs entrepreneurs, I wouldn't pretend it's easy for the young, I moved out at 21, my son at 31, but as said previously if you want it, it's possible just get of your arse, off your phone, stop whining and get a Job (2 if needed). Immigration needs to be resolved but to even mention the word it's faaaaaaaaaaaaar right. More pressing matters, the next meltdown incoming, The next Tory budget to abolish inheritance Tax

People buying multiple properties for AirBnB purposes doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    People buying multiple properties for AirBnB purposes doesn't help.
    And taking property out of the long term rental market. Air BnB and the like needs clamping down on.