+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ninian stand level 5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ninian stand level 5

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    👍😂😂😂 They were great days, younger fans, which is their loss unfortunately, have no clue what Ninian Park was really like. Those late 60s/early 70s days on the old Grangetown End were something else. Bouncing up & down on those wooden sleepers, seems like it was in another lifetime now. The newer ‘concrete’ Grange End was a pale imitation really, I hope I don’t seem like an old fogey looking back with rose tinted glasses but if you were there you’d know, believe me you’d know.
    start half way up the Grange end, city score and surprise surprise you find yourself down the front. Free ride mind you as feet never touched the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    start half way up the Grange end, city score and surprise surprise you find yourself down the front. Free ride mind you as feet never touched the ground.
    Or you'd start close to the fence separating the Bob Bank, and find yourself somewhere near the exit once a cracking goal hand been scored at the Grange End

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Yep - went on that ride in the Real Madrid game...

It was the noise that was able to be generated from the timber and the cladding at the bback of the stands that I remember most.

The sheer amount of crap under that grandstand was frightening though, especially in the light of what happened at Bradford...