Re: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Jesus Christ
    I'm not sure he understands what Communism/Marxism is

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm not sure he understands what Communism/Marxism is
    That's where you would be very mistaken

BTW I am still waiting for someone to justify the silencing of voices they don't agree with ... come on, surely somebody has got it in them to put together a convincing argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

BTW I am still waiting for somebody to justify the silencing of voices they don't agree with ...
    "Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be most unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law, and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal."

Karl Popper, Jewish philosopher who fled from Nazis in the 1930s

A nice justification of silencing voices you don't agree with for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    A nice justification of silencing voices you don't agree with for you.
    Are you going to come up with an original thought, or are you just going to copy & paste from the internet all night?

Are you going to come up with an original thought, or are you just going to copy & paste from the internet all night?
    I have given you my opinion, I'm using sources to further illustrate this for you as you don't seem to be able to grasp it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    I have given you my opinion, I'm using sources to further illustrate this for you as you don't seem to be able to grasp it.
    I have already grasped that you are a brainwashed idiot incapable of original thought. Thanks for the entertainment!

BTW I am still waiting for someone to justify the silencing of voices they don't agree with ... come on, surely somebody has got it in them to put together a convincing argument?
    I went and looked at a job a few years back. I was assessing the job when the bloke came out with some of the most vile racist shit about his neighbours i've ever heard, i let it go the first time, although when he started again i told him that i don't want the job if he's going to talk racist shit like that. Was i oppressing him by withdrawing my privately run services?