+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fighting terrorism not supporting it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fighting terrorism not supporting it

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

Honest answer, I don't really care. I can understand why people who were involved would care but I think elections should be about the future rather than the past. Britain has had too many enemies that have turned to friends and vice versa to judge. Britain have also had enemies and positions that virtually no one in the political classes challenged, Corbyn did and was proved right in the end.
    Always amuses me that people dig out old Corbyn quotes when it was only last year that May was campaigning to stay in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Always amuses me that people dig out old Corbyn quotes when it was only last year that May was campaigning to stay in the EU.
    Wonder if Theresa May was campaigning for Nelson Mandele to be released thirty years ago when elements within the Conservative party were saying he was a terrorist and I wonder what her attitude was to the situation described here?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-10507850.html

If questions have to be asked about what politicians from the main opposition party were doing and saying decades ago, I don't get why the same isn't true of politicians within the Governing party.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wonder if Theresa May was campaigning for Nelson Mandele to be released thirty years ago when elements within the Conservative party were saying he was a terrorist and I wonder what her attitude was to the situation described here?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-10507850.html

If questions have to be asked about what politicians from the main opposition party were doing and saying decades ago, I don't get why the same isn't true of politicians within the Governing party.

How many of those are currently running for PM, Chancellor or Home Secretary Bob? Do you know anything which suggests that Theresa May supported any terrorist organisations? What about Tim Farron, Nicola Sturgeon or Leanne Wood?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It always amuses me how many apologists are around when it suits their political persuasion.

Talking of the EU do you honestly believe that Jeremy Corbyn really wanted to remain noting his past comments & half-hearted efforts during the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    It always amuses me how many apologists are around when it suits their political persuasion.

Talking of the EU do you honestly believe that Jeremy Corbyn really wanted to remain noting his past comments & half-hearted efforts during the campaign?
    I couldn't say I honestly believed that, no. He didn't do anywhere near enough during the campaign, nor during his time in opposition (up until the last month or so).