+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Brexit Bonus

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another Brexit Bonus

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You clearly haven't read my post. I state 'five years after the vote to leave and a year after leaving'

It's not me making extreme predictions here. And yes I accept the current state of the world means you can't make clear conclusions yet. I'm not doing that though, that's you. I'm just calmily stating facts.

And as you allude to earlier; there's far more to assess than trading figures. But when looking at wage growth, GDP growth, unemployment, the stock market, foreign investment, house prices (which I actually want to slow down considerably) etc etc etc the reality is that the predictions of doom haven't happened.

Maybe they will. But they haven't. Some kind of acknowledgement of that would be nice
    I read it - just didn't see the relevance of the 5 year reference.

We agree then that you can't draw firm conclusions yet. You seem to draw comfort from how things are panning out currently - I am the opposite.

One thing. The status of the City of London. I did see this as a serious threat given the economic impact of a decline in UK financial services. So far that threat is playing out less dramatically than some commentators were predicting. Well, at least we seem to be broadly maintaining what we had already. For now, at least.

Btw, where am I saying you can draw firm conclusions?! I was saying the exact opposite (....actually, don't bother. Enjoy your Saturday )
    Last edited by Swiss Peter; 04-12-21 at 13:11. Reason: more