+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Subsidised travel to Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Our coach to Burnley is £950, plus tips for the drivers, which in mine I pay out of the money collected.

I honestly doubt that any decent coach company would do it cheaper.

In fact when I’ve had to use other companies it’s cost more.

Give me your phone number and I will send you a screen shot of the text from the coach company

It’s not the sort of work they are fighting over.

The £750 the club are giving is a big help, but it won’t cover all the costs.

Over a season personally I’m happy if I break even.

It’s also hard work, especially with sorting people’s tickets and then drop outs and people messing you about and not paying.

We did well from Southampton , but lost about £500 on Newcastle..

I doubt anyone is in it for the money- if they are then there are definitely easier ways of earning it !

Personally I’m struggling to find the time to organise it, with my job being so demanding and the new laws etc... we have to deal with don’t help. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to continue next season anyway, so if anyone wants to help or take over as it’s clearly so lucrative then let me know.

��

Just post an invoice on here or alternatively, give me the name of the coach company you use and I’ll cal them myself, failing that, your welcome to email your invoice

I know how much they cost as I’ve done them myself and to charge more than the club is offering appears odd as the supporters club (Vince ) has said thy break even with the contribution from the club.

I think I went to Norwich on a subsidised trip for £5.00 and nobody requested more money then and that’s one hell of a difference.

I’m appreciate it’s hard work but as I’ve run coaches myself, however, please don’t inflate the cost of the vehicle hire.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Just post an invoice on here or alternatively, give me the name of the coach company you use and I’ll cal them myself, failing that, your welcome to email your invoice

I know how much they cost as I’ve done them myself and to charge more than the club is offering appears odd as the supporters club (Vince ) has said thy break even with the contribution from the club.

I think I went to Norwich on a subsidised trip for £5.00 and nobody requested more money then and that’s one hell of a difference.

I’m appreciate it’s hard work but as I’ve run coaches myself, however, please don’t inflate the cost of the vehicle hire.

Thanks
    Pencoed travel just quoted me
    £900 (including two drivers) ,no alcohol allowed

For the midlands and places like Southampton £735 as no second driver , so for the lesser trips which are generally more popular, then 43 x £30 is £1,290 , so that’s a fair margin

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Pencoed travel just quoted me
    £900 (including two drivers) ,no alcohol allowed

For the midlands and places like Southampton £735 as no second driver , so for the lesser trips which are generally more popular, then 43 x £30 is £1,290 , so that’s a fair margin
    Not all trips are £30, most are £25 some even £20.

It’s against the law to have alcohol on a sport travelling coach (not just football), that’s why we pay a premium !!!

Next question ?????

If you want a friendly PENCOED coach, I can get you one, as I’ve got a great working relationship with them They did our weekender in Newcastle, as EDWARDS were to expensive.
    PS:——Our EDWARDS day trip to Newcastle had 19 people on it

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not all trips are £30, most are £25 some even £20.

It’s against the law to have alcohol on a sport travelling coach (not just football), that’s why we pay a premium !!!

Next question ?????

If you want a friendly PENCOED coach, I can get you one, as I’ve got a great working relationship with them They did our weekender in Newcastle, as EDWARDS were to expensive.
    PS:——Our EDWARDS day trip to Newcastle had 19 people on it
    Plus not everyone who travels is an adult, we cater for kids as well at £10/£12/£15 depending on distance