+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Keith Andrews

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Keith Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    When ronaldo was injured at the end of the season, I think 15/16, bale was scoring the winning goal regularly. But Bale has been too hampered by injury though to do it consistently.

And ronaldo didn't even have a good tournament I don't think. Anonymous in first two games. Scored 2 in the third against Hungary I think. Went quiet again and pops up with a header against us in the semis, but didn't play well at all, goes off injured in the final 10 mins in.

Why people say he carried them is beyond me..he carried them in the qualifiers, but no more than bale did us!

Anyway back to the point that it's fine to compare them. It's fine because Bale tackled in our own box which isn't expected. They're both expected to attack and score goals, which obviously ronaldo is better at. If ronaldo put gloves on and went in goals it would be fine to say you wouldn't see bale doing that. Cos it's not expected.

Are you just arguing for the sake of it?
    Go and check the stats the only time bale as been anywhere near Ronaldo was in 13/14, Bale is a marvelous player but he'll always be in ronaldo's shadow at Madrid which is why I would prefer him to move to man utd

Re: Keith Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Go and check the stats the only time bale as been anywhere near Ronaldo was in 13/14, Bale is a marvelous player but he'll always be in ronaldo's shadow at Madrid which is why I would prefer him to move to man utd
    How much of that though is down to Ronaldo at Real? He certainly didn't seem happy Bale's signing, clattered him at training early on. Seemed to me that it was inevitable that Ronaldo was always going to be top dog regardless, especially amongst fans and media.

I'd agree with you on Bale going to Man Utd if that deal ever happened.