+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: People you don't like

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: People you don't like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Of course it is, so anyone that agrees with your mother in law does not have a 'strange attitude' or 'old fashioned views' then?
    Agreeing with her on most subjects should probably be avoided, but specifically her point that girls shouldn't try to be intelligent or try hard in school because men don't like clever women.
    If any woman decides she wants to be a stay at home housewife or whatever, then that's fine with me, it was more her opinion that men find intelligence repellent in women that I found strange.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Agreeing with her on most subjects should probably be avoided, but specifically her point that girls shouldn't try to be intelligent or try hard in school because men don't like clever women.
    If any woman decides she wants to be a stay at home housewife or whatever, then that's fine with me, it was more her opinion that men find intelligence repellent in women that I found strange.
    "Are Men Just Not Interested in Clever Women?"
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...n-clever-women

Maybe she was smarter than you thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    "Are Men Just Not Interested in Clever Women?"
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...n-clever-women

Maybe she was smarter than you thought?
    Interesting, and fairly counter intuitive from an evolutionary point of view, although perhaps what people are after from a speed date and someone to produce offspring with are different.

I wonder if there's a kind of feedback loop going on there, where a highly intelligent woman will be less impressed with a moderately intelligent man than he feels he's due and he can sense that distance and subconsciously scores her down.
    My in-laws view was a bit more exaggerated than this though it wasn't like a 10% reduction in people who find you attractive it was closer to if you are an intellectual woman you will die alone and unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Interesting, and fairly counter intuitive from an evolutionary point of view, although perhaps what people are after from a speed date and someone to produce offspring with are different.

I wonder if there's a kind of feedback loop going on there, where a highly intelligent woman will be less impressed with a moderately intelligent man than he feels he's due and he can sense that distance and subconsciously scores her down.
    My in-laws view was a bit more exaggerated than this though it wasn't like a 10% reduction in people who find you attractive it was closer to if you are an intellectual woman you will die alone and unhappy.
    That is a very intelligent comment. Are you sure you've posted it on the right site? I think your wife or husband needs to be about the same IQ if the relationship is going to work.

People who vote for English political parties