+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this the sad end to what has been a great managerial career

Re: Is this the sad end to what has been a great managerial career

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Bogle had plenty of the ball.
    He had 5 attempts on goal. 2 on target, 2 off target and one shot was blocked. He won every aerial he went up for. (all according to whoscored.com)

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Bogle had plenty of the ball.
    I meant generally throughout the season(s)

We'll have to agree to disagree I think, I don't agree with you that Warnock is the best manager in the world

I thought we did okay today after the opening 20 minutes or so and the first goal was vital.
    We didn't have a lot of luck prior to them scoring and Etheridge didn't have much to save (although it must be said his distribution again wasn't great).
    Trying to salvage something from the game with the limited resources we have never looked likely.

We have scraped points where perhaps we didn't deserve them but today was the opposite. What you gain on the swings you lose on the roundabouts.
    Our play off chances are now looking very slim.

However, for people to be calling for Warnock to be sacked at this stage need to ask themselves what good that would do us.

It seems now that VT won't invest in any sort of challenge and therefore would not offer any new manager any kind of war chest.
    The new manager would have to rely on what he has got, with perhaps the addition of a couple of loanees, for any short term success.
    I reckon the only type of manager that we could attract would be another Russell Slade type.

My hope now is that Warnock can get the team to battle (I don't agree with some saying some weren't trying btw) and give the fans something to cheer.
    We had better start getting used to mid table mediocrity, at best, for the foreseeable.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    However, for people to be calling for Warnock to be sacked at this stage need to ask themselves what good that would do us.
    Give the new manager the rest of the season to mould a team in preparation for next season, rather than use next season as a preparatory season.

Flip the question on its head - what good is it for our progress that Warnock has the rest of this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Give the new manager the rest of the season to mould a team in preparation for next season, rather than use next season as a preparatory season.

Flip the question on its head - what good is it for our progress that Warnock has the rest of this season?
    We aren't out of the woods yet.
    Our situation is not too dissimilar to when he arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    We looked sh1te! Madine is a b1oody joke. Time for a big boot up the arse in all sections. In the space of a couple of weeks beaten by the Jacks and the Wurzels ffs
    Unfair to single him out. The bloke came on very late in the game.

Has Mr Bacuna ever been required to practice crosses. Nice hair no flair...... Today.

We aren't out of the woods yet.
    Our situation is not too dissimilar to when he arrived.
    Says a lot for the club, then. 3 years and we're in the same situation as when he was appointed, yet you still want him here?

I thought we did okay today after the opening 20 minutes or so and the first goal was vital.
    We didn't have a lot of luck prior to them scoring and Etheridge didn't have much to save (although it must be said his distribution again wasn't great).
    Trying to salvage something from the game with the limited resources we have never looked likely.

We have scraped points where perhaps we didn't deserve them but today was the opposite. What you gain on the swings you lose on the roundabouts.
    Our play off chances are now looking very slim.

It seems now that VT won't invest in any sort of challenge and therefore would not offer any new manager any kind of war chest.
    The new manager would have to rely on what he has got, with perhaps the addition of a couple of loanees, for any short term success.
    I reckon the only type of manager that we could attract would be another Russell Slade type.

My hope now is that Warnock can get the team to battle (I don't agree with some saying some weren't trying btw) and give the fans something to cheer.
    We had better start getting used to mid table mediocrity, at best, for the foreseeable.
    Surely the reason to change the manager is to halt the slide into mediocrity by restructuring the club throughout, so that the academy is aligned with the first team, with a consistent playing style throughout, which would enable us to produce our own players (surely the point of an academy) ?
    This season is a write-off - with or without Warnock, so we might as well make the change now. All a new manager needs to achieve this season is keeping us in the division, whilst embedding a new structure that brings us into the 21st century.
    Anything else would be a bonus.

Says a lot for the club, then. 3 years and we're in the same situation as when he was appointed, yet you still want him here?
    I believe he came here to steady the ship.
    Ship needs steadying.

I believe he came here to steady the ship.
    Ship needs steadying.
    This time, it's mainly his fault the ship needs steadying. Very different 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Those players just were not good enough today.
    Are they players who are accepting they are nearing the end of the carears , knowing their manager has announced his last season .

As someone famously sung were are " running on empty."

It would be apt to go now ,came in beating the Brizzies, leave now losing to them .

Era over.

Will always be grateful for his input.

This time, it's mainly his fault the ship needs steadying. Very different 3 years ago.
    Difficult to disagree with that however we are where we are and Warnock is the best person to deal with the situation.

Difficult to disagree with that however we are where we are and Warnock is the best person to deal with the situation.
    That's like saying we should have kept Trollope as he was the best person to deal with the mess he had created.

Or the owner for not having a frank conversation ??

Is this our most expensive ever squad ? If you include Reid I think it is..

That's like saying we should have kept Trollope as he was the best person to deal with the mess he had created.
    Hardly. Trollope's expertise was not in troubleshooting, unlike his successor, and had little experience of management in the Championship.
    From memory his philosophy was to set up like Real Madrid with a bunch of players who fell well short of the talent needed to play such a system.
    His transport analogy would be one of being an unqualified driver on a runaway train.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Unfair to single him out. The bloke came on very late in the game.
    His header in front of goal was feeble when he had the chance to generate some power and make a name for himself.

His header in front of goal was feeble when he had the chance to generate some power and make a name for himself.
    not dissimilar to Bogle in the first half

Pure supposition but perhaps NW was thinking about leaving last season but was nagged to stay on by the club while they compiled a dossier on Russell Osman. After making his decision to stay there have been a few things that might have made him regret it, particularly selling the player we (allegedly) were going to build the team around. Maybe there's a sense of professionalism and pride in what he's doing but he's partly wondering what Tenerife would be like at this time of year. Of course he's going to make sure he's alright (why wouldn't he?) but he's given his word to our job share hierarchy so he's just sticking it out.

By your logic then, Hoilett is also a joke because he hit the bar...

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    By your logic then, Hoilett is also a joke because he hit the bar...
    Mr Hoilett can not do everything. He did enough for me.

Sad . Very sad to have called this yesterday. I for one loved his style of fighting for everything that got us promoted.
    I will never forget his last away win 2-0 at Old Trafford. He can take that I am sure.
    Thanks Neil. Great job.
    You reunited our club and for that I will never forget you.
    You delivered much more than was asked of you.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Sad . Very sad to have called this yesterday. I for one loved his style of fighting for everything that got us promoted.
    I will never forget his last away win 2-0 at Old Trafford. He can take that I am sure.
    Thanks Neil. Great job.
    You reunited our club and for that I will never forget you.
    You delivered much more than was asked of you.
    Good anecdote that, there can’t be many managers whose last away win at a club they’ve left was 2-0 at Old Trafford.