Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock leaves us in as bad a place as when he joined

Re: Warnock leaves us in as bad a place as when he joined

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lee Bowyer language and attitude already in play
    Sure he can defend himself.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Dont be so dramatic. We were not staring League One in the face at all. There was barely a quarter of the season gone.

He has built bridges between the club and the fans but on the pitch I agree with the OP. A big, ageing squad, with little quality, and little resale value playing anti-football. Its all very reminiscent of the Slade era.
    There is no comparison with the situation we were in under Trollope. We were certainly nosediving into league 1 with an insipid team.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Sure he can defend himself.
    You seem to be making a career out of having a go a people who disagree with other peoples posts. If that's not ‘boring twat’ behaviour, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You seem to be making a career out of having a go a people who disagree with other peoples posts. If that's not ‘boring twat’ behaviour, I don't know what is.
    You mean I always pick up on YOUR bullshit? Yes yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    No doubt in my mind. Yes, he got the club some credit back after all the nonsense that went before. But, he's assembled a very expensive squad on very expensive wages with little or no resale value.

The football was dull to watch. Nearly always. Never took responsibility, always blamed the ref.

Promotion was a surprise. Relegation was sought after. Glad to see the back of him.
    After banking 200 million from Sky alone post promotion surely we must have made a lot of late, we didn’t spend much after all? Money back from Reid and I still believe a decent manager would get Murphy going again, he will be worth what we paid. Only madine and glatzel are wasted monies and they could still come good, you never know. I’d say we have quite a few players worth money too, Ralls, hoilett, Mendez Laing, Etheridge, nelson even. Sheff Utd doing ok with league 1 signings it would seem......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    After banking 200 million from Sky alone post promotion surely we must have made a lot of late, we didn’t spend much after all? Money back from Reid and I still believe a decent manager would get Murphy going again, he will be worth what we paid. Only madine and glatzel are wasted monies and they could still come good, you never know. I’d say we have quite a few players worth money too, Ralls, hoilett, Mendez Laing, Etheridge, nelson even. Sheff Utd doing ok with league 1 signings it would seem......
    200 million??