+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The more you hear the more you think the board don't have a clue

Re: The more you hear the more you think the board don't have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I hope this is all smoke and mirrors and they are going after the only person with any talent amongst this lot Bellamy.
    Bellamy is a talented footballer. We're looking for a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    This is why the phrase 'be careful what you wish for' was bandied around so much.

Tan is still involved and Dalman's comments that he is taking more of an interest are extremely worrying. I'm sure we all remember the painter and decorator from Kazakhstan who he appointed as head of recruitment. And Russell bloody Slade.
    To be fair to the painter and decorator, as Head of Recruitment he would probably have done a better job than the CCFC transfer committee.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    🤣🤣🤣... Stop it...please 🤣
    The laughing smileys are your equivalent of a bloke with a small dick having a big expensive car.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Very possible but surely the point about Harris' football being anything but that is amplified even more.

Also, is it a time for little jokes given the clubs track record with this nonsense. Especially from the chairman. Given what has gone before this and some of the quotes from those in high positions within the club I'm not sure it was said as an exaggeration or slightly tongue in cheek either.
    Harris Millwall had the least shots in the championship last year didn’t they? In Mehmet we trust eh

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Bristol City only needed 1 shot. 90% of our shots end up in tow Z

Didn’t three hit the post....we could easily have won that game and been knocking on the door if the playoffs now, we didn’t, Neil’s gone and that’s life I guess

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bellamy is a talented footballer. We're looking for a manager.
    And to those of us who can see potential he has the potential to be a talented manager too.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The laughing smileys are your equivalent of a bloke with a small dick having a big expensive car.
    Get over yourself. I merely laughed at ‘Wall’ which I still find funny.

Your posts since the return from your ban have been improved (even if they are present in every thread 🤣).

Calm down and don’t bother with the even funnier attempts at insults.... it won’t end well 👍

Get over yourself. I merely laughed at ‘Wall’ which I still find funny.

Your posts since the return from your ban have been improved (even if they are present in every thread 🤣).

Calm down and don’t bother with the even funnier attempts at insults.... it won’t end well 👍
    I don’t recall a ban?

Probably shows how much notice I take.

“Every thread”

Get them glasses on and look again Bernard.

I don’t recall a ban?

Probably shows how much notice I take.

“Every thread”

Get them glasses on and look again Bernard.
    I’m done. I’ve had my fun with you today.

Wall 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m done. I’ve had my fun with you today.

Wall 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Err yeah. Cracking mate. Nice one.

What a Wall-y

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What a Wall-y
    He’s done with me. I am excused. He’s had his fun...

People and their keyboards eh

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    And to those of us who can see potential he has the potential to be a talented manager too.
    What potential can you see? Explain it to me. His youth coaching? How much do you even know about that?

He very well might make a decent manager, but you're just taking a punt on a successful and popular footballer who happens to be from, and eventually played for Cardiff.

What potential can you see? Explain it to me. His youth coaching? How much do you even know about that?

He very well might make a decent manager, but you're just taking a punt on a successful and popular footballer who happens to be from, and eventually played for Cardiff.
    I’ve got nothing to back it up, just a gut feeling (if someone else said it I’d probably laugh too so go ahead) but I think he will eventually make a half decent manager and make it to a team in the top division somewhere. Nothing to back it up just a simple opinion based on what I see, his character and the way he talks football etc (yeah yeah I know plenty talk a good game and are absolute shit as well )

I’ve got nothing to back it up, just a gut feeling (if someone else said it I’d probably laugh too so go ahead) but I think he will eventually make a half decent manager and make it to a team in the top division somewhere. Nothing to back it up just a simple opinion based on what I see, his character and the way he talks football etc (yeah yeah I know plenty talk a good game and are absolute shit as well )
    I'm not averse to it myself. It's just not an obvious choice. People are talking like it's a no-brainer.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I think we should take it all with a pinch of salt.
    What if it’s simply a ruse to distract away from who they’re actually targeting?
    The club seems to have shut the door on the leaks that affected us for so long. I believe/hope there is at least one very credible candidate who has already been warmed up by Dalman. And it may be a left field unexpected appointment a la Warnock which will surprise us all

I lve in hope

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    The club seems to have shut the door on the leaks that affected us for so long. I believe/hope there is at least one very credible candidate who has already been warmed up by Dalman. And it may be a left field unexpected appointment a la Warnock which will surprise us all

I lve in hope

Remember when Rick Wright re introduced Eddie May? Won’t be Eddie now though for obvious reasons😢

same for me.I'd rather bellamy over ole gunnar....why! because he says it how it is...If they were playing bad he said it ,He doesn't sugar coat things. he had a good eye for the game , worked hard and was involved.

The more you hear the more you think the board don't have a clue
    We used to have regular updates from Tan and they mainly highlighted he didn't understand the football side of running a club but we hear/see him so infrequently now that I believe it was TLG raising it in a thread recently. Who does that leave us with except Dalman (he's shown in the past that his statements can be taken with a pinch of salt) and Choo (last year we all felt he was doing a good job) as representative of the board. We've had three years of relative calm but a relatively disappointing start has people acting like we're under Slade still....

I'm not averse to it myself. It's just not an obvious choice. People are talking like it's a no-brainer.
    I’m with you there, it would be a big risk.

I’m ready for a risk myself, or a calculated gamble, **** the safe hands of Hughton let’s have a go!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    same for me.I'd rather bellamy over ole gunnar....why! because he says it how it is...If they were playing bad he said it ,He doesn't sugar coat things. he had a good eye for the game , worked hard and was involved.
    I’d accept it if he was announced, but obviously there are better candidates out there that we could easily attract.

Bellamy to Cardiff could turn out to be what OGS has for UTD! But who knows.

Part of the reason I want him is was well publicised how impressive his interview for the Welsh job was, the plans he had in mind. I know he didn't get the job but I don't think that was for purely football reasons

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Part of the reason I want him is was well publicised how impressive his interview for the Welsh job was, the plans he had in mind. I know he didn't get the job but I don't think that was for purely football reasons
    I reckon he pissed all over whatever Giggs offered up in the interview, he could talk an elephant to sleep, think they went with the big name.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It won't be Bellamy as there immediately would be huge story about the recent probe into our youth system concerning his time here. At least a year has to pass, likely more, before he gets a look in because of how disruptive starting with a stink that big would be.