+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brexit thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brexit thread

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    The other parties aren’t the government, the other parties didn’t propose the referendum.

I know you like to share the blame and exonerate the Tories but it’s overwhelmingly largely on them.
    I dislike the Tories along with the best of them.

Brexit is supposed to be non political , sitting on ones hands is not an option in these times , d I think the other control mechanism should be relaxed on this issue , and instead of playing political football, and realise that its also about the people wishes that the opposition is supposed to represent as well as hating the Tories .

If The Tories are responsible for all this then 17.5 million agree with them as that was the out vote ,they only had 13,667,213 in the election so one might say an election would be a best fit .

Strangely May's deal is a very soft remain Brexit agreed by Europe , so why not support it ,I'm guess i a lot of Labour would like too , ah maybe not as that would cost us in the next Election and defy the whip , its not just about one parties failures, and never has been ,I guess you know that anyway ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I dislike the Tories along with the best of them.

Brexit is supposed to be non political , sitting on ones hands is not an option in these times , d I think the other control mechanism should be relaxed on this issue , and instead of playing political football, and realise that its also about the people wishes that the opposition is supposed to represent as well as hating the Tories .

If The Tories are responsible for all this then 17.5 million agree with them as that was the out vote ,they only had 13,667,213 in the election so one might say an election would be a best fit .

Strangely May's deal is a very soft remain Brexit agreed by Europe , so why not support it ,I'm guess i a lot of Labour would like too , ah maybe not as that would cost us in the next Election and defy the whip , its not just about one parties failures, and never has been ,I guess you know that anyway ??
    When you say non political, do you mean non partisan?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Strangely May's deal is a very soft remain Brexit agreed by Europe , so why not support it
    When I last looked, the Conservatives and DUP form a narrow working majority in the house. If they could only agree on what Brexit they want, Brexit would be a done deal.

The Conservatives don't back May's deal. Tomorrow, the Conservatives won't back no-deal. On Thursday there'll be enough of them to vote for an extension. All because nobody knows what 'leave' actually means, other than leave.

I know there are leave voters who want a deal and leave voters who don't want a deal. They both vote leave but don't often want each other's Brexit scenarios. What's the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    When I last looked, the Conservatives and DUP form a narrow working majority in the house. If they could only agree on what Brexit they want, Brexit would be a done deal.

The Conservatives don't back May's deal. Tomorrow, the Conservatives won't back no-deal. On Thursday there'll be enough of them to vote for an extension. All because nobody knows what 'leave' actually means, other than leave.

I know there are leave voters who want a deal and leave voters who don't want a deal. They both vote leave but don't often want each other's Brexit scenarios. What's the solution?
    It doesn't matter, it's too late, the lemmings are jumping off the cliff at the moment. I'm currently in Munich working on a post-Brexit deal & it's a total lost cause. The customers have made their decision, all future product must be made in the EU. If we want to continue supplying them we must move.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It doesn't matter, it's too late, the lemmings are jumping off the cliff at the moment. I'm currently in Munich working on a post-Brexit deal & it's a total lost cause. The customers have made their decision, all future product must be made in the EU. If we want to continue supplying them we must move.
    It's a complete and utter mess.