+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 164 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Report on last night's 4-1 beating for the Development team by a very good Huddersfield side.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Exactly right. Huddersfield were terrific, so effective when they had the ball and equally so when they didn't. We were always in it but couldn't open them up enough, I wasn't sure if that was down to wrong options from the midfield, a lack of good movement further forward or just a really well-drilled opposition. Players were getting caught in possession more than usual (Coxe in particular, Weymans too) but Huddersfield were making it difficult to play through them or round them. Byrne's distribution was poor but even he was being pressured into mistakes and once they got the ball back they were full of ideas, from set-pieces as well as open play. Very impressive.

Does anybody know if anything happened about the three gormless buffoons who ran onto the pitch during play last night? The two who simply looked stupid were ejected but the other one who attempted to get to the ball was frogmarched up the steps in an arm lock.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Does anybody know if anything happened about the three gormless buffoons who ran onto the pitch during play last night? The two who simply looked stupid were ejected but the other one who attempted to get to the ball was frogmarched up the steps in an arm lock.
    One of them went home and wrote in his yellowy mauve blog

#nicholsonwasright

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    One of them went home and wrote in his yellowy mauve blog

#nicholsonwasright
    I wondered if it was him again. A banning order may be the only answer.

Blue in the Face

Report on last night's 4-1 beating for the Development team by a very good Huddersfield side.

Cheers. Waite's goal ratio is looking pretty good these days. Good grounding for the young uns. That's the good thing about DVP football, even a heavy home defeat can be positive.

Not sure why we gave Rosenthal more game time after we decided we weren't going to sign him? Strange. Maybe there was conflicted opinions on him amoung the staff. I'm sure he's gone now though given his early sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I wondered if it was him again. A banning order may be the only answer.
    I've only just read these scurrilous lies spread by you and Blue in the Face - my solicitors have been informed.

Final game of the season today for the Under 18s who face Nottingham Forest in a game which is being shown on hte club website as being an 11 o clock kick off at Leckwith.

Just seen on Twitter that Jamie Bird is playing as a trialist for Nottingham Forest today in their U23 match against Huddersfield. Given that he scored for us last week, this seems a little strange. Mistaken identity perhaps or more to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    Just seen on Twitter that Jamie Bird is playing as a trialist for Nottingham Forest today in their U23 match against Huddersfield. Given that he scored for us last week, this seems a little strange. Mistaken identity perhaps or more to it?
    More to it I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    This is from the Nottingham Post website: "Forest quite like the look of the winger or forward, Jamie Bird. He's a first year pro at Cardiff. But they are partially disbanding their under-23 squad next season and he is likely to be available. He is very quick and technically adept, aparently. We will see in the next two hours or so, I guess." (Nice to see journalists being unable to spell)

Bird was taken off after 73 minutes and the match report makes it sound like he played fairly well

An Under 23 team featuring six Under 18s and three Under 16s (sixteen year old Sion Spence started) in the squad drew 1-1 at Colchester this afternoon - another goal for James Waite.

Blue in the Face

An Under 23 team featuring six Under 18s and three Under 16s (sixteen year old Sion Spence started) in the squad drew 1-1 at Colchester this afternoon - another goal for James Waite.
    Nice one Sion!

I wonder what Waite's goal ratio is now for this season. Looks like a player who has great positional instincts in the box.

Strange one on Bird given his start to the season. Good luck to him.

Surely the fact that Forest want him is enough to show the club that we should keep him?

Eli Phipps started for Colchester. Lloyd Humphries for us, I find that bizarre. Surely he's playing too much at present?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Surely the fact that Forest want him is enough to show the club that we should keep him?
    I think the club's point of view may be that they are going to be a lot more reluctant to give second pro deals to young players who have shown little sign of being ready for first team consideration during their first full time contract.

I was surprised when I was told about ten days ago that Bird was one of a few young players that City have released and I admit that he is someone who is talented enough to make their decision look a foolish one in a few years time. However, it seems to me that a decision has been taken that the club don't want to see more O'Sullivan/Wharton situations whereby players were still playing at the same level they first appeared at about five years earlier - City have had an unwanted ability to go from one extreme to the other in recent years, the danger is I suppose that we may be seeing another example of it with some of the youngsters we have got rid of recently.

I think the club's point of view may be that they are going to be a lot more reluctant to give second pro deals to young players who have shown little sign of being ready for first team consideration during their first full time contract.

I was surprised when I was told about ten days ago that Bird was one of a few young players that City have released and I admit that he is someone who is talented enough to make their decision look a foolish one in a few years time. However, it seems to me that a decision has been taken that the club don't want to see more O'Sullivan/Wharton situations whereby players were still playing at the same level they first appeared at about five years earlier - City have had an unwanted ability to go from one extreme to the other in recent years, the danger is I suppose that we may be seeing another example of it with some of the youngsters we have got rid of recently.
    Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite us, although I fear it will in some cases

Did I see something a couple of days ago about the Final being at Cardiff City Stadium?

Congratulations to Cambrian and Clydach for what sounds like an unbelievable season - did they win the league after?

What an embarrassing stat for City that one about the jacks going for their eighth consecutive Welsh Youth Cup win is.
    Hi Bob, apologies for the delay in responding.

Yep Cam won the Welsh Prem Development League South a couple of weeks ago and will face Bangor in the Welsh final in a couple of weeks, they're also in the final of the league cup so could be quite an end to the season.

The FAW youth cup final is indeed at the CCS this Sunday - going to be a great experience for the players whatever the outcome!

I believe Cardiff u16s are playing Swansea u16s tomorrow at Leckwith 11am

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I believe Cardiff u16s are playing Swansea u16s tomorrow at Leckwith 11am
    Just got back after watching the game with gringo - we won 1-0 thanks to a lovely goal by Isaak Davies following a great bit of skill to beat his man and then a fine pass from Keiran Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by Landaff the rising sun View Post
    Hi Bob, apologies for the delay in responding.

Yep Cam won the Welsh Prem Development League South a couple of weeks ago and will face Bangor in the Welsh final in a couple of weeks, they're also in the final of the league cup so could be quite an end to the season.

The FAW youth cup final is indeed at the CCS this Sunday - going to be a great experience for the players whatever the outcome!
    Best of luck to Cambrian and Clydach this afternoon .

There's a good chance I'll be moving to RCT soon, where do they play their home games?
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 23-04-17 at 05:38.

The second half of my piece on the Wigan game is taken up by a report on Yesterday's Under 16s win over the jacks.

Best of luck to Cambrian and Clydach this afternoon .

There's a good chance I'll be moving to RCT soon, where do they play their home games?
    In Clydach Vale Bob near Tonypandy

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    In Clydach Vale Bob near Tonypandy
    Yes.
    It's a spur off the Valley.
    If you take the road up from the Llatrisant junction of the M4 it takes you almost to the ground.
    Decent set up last time I saw it, nice pitch.

The second half of my piece on the Wigan game is taken up by a report on Yesterday's Under 16s win over the jacks.

Good news about the City under 16s.
    Really hope we see 3-4 of these youngsters come through in the next few seasons

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Good news about the City under 16s.
    Really hope we see 3-4 of these youngsters come through in the next few seasons
    I second that.

Also I'd add the point to the myth about Swansea poaching all the best players in our catchment area since they turned Category One by saying that Cardiff have consistently had higher numbers of players in the younger Welsh squads for a while now. The match winner from yesterday's game being a regular pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Yes.
    It's a spur off the Valley.
    If you take the road up from the Llatrisant junction of the M4 it takes you almost to the ground.
    Decent set up last time I saw it, nice pitch.
    Thanks both, I think I might pop along to watch a game or two next season if I do move.

What an effort by Cambrian and Clydach this afternoon - took Swansea to extra time before losing 2-0.