+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone else think promoting vaping outside the Watford game a bit naughty?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone else think promoting vaping outside the Watford game a bit naughty?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    How about let adults make decisions for themselves, crackdown on the availability of the products for sure to prevent access for children - restrict the sales to supermarkets or whatever. As long as alcohol is available for adults there's no reason vaping products shouldn't.

Vaping certainly does a lot less harm than alcohol.
    Are you sure on that? I doubt the harm it’s doing to people who use them and those around them won’t be known for some time.

What annoys me with vapers is they seem to think people want to breath in their disgusting metal candy melon flavours so blow them anywhere and everywhere. It’s disgusting, certainly not something I would want to breathe in.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

What annoys me with vapers is they seem to think people want to breath in their disgusting metal candy melon flavours so blow them anywhere and everywhere. It’s disgusting, certainly not something I would want to breathe in.
    I went out with a group of girls football coaches ( few from our league and a few from 2 leagues below ) a few weeks ago, had a few drinks, this guy starts Vaping while sat around the table, it was a blend of Apple Pie, Cinnamon and Black Cherry ( I kid you not, but the bloke loved it he said ) a few get a bit arsey and ask him to do it outside, guy refuses, someone take offence and says " look real men smoke cigars, take your poncey puffer and F off outside " , Vaper goes on a massive rant that he is the healthy one as he isnt drinking and beer is more dangerous, by this time the atmosphere of the night has nosedived, a few of us head away to another pub, ended up with Vaper guy getting knocked out by cigar guy by all accounts

the Puffer certainly made me chuckle with his claim that he was healthy as he wasnt drinking

Are you sure on that? I doubt the harm it’s doing to people who use them and those around them won’t be known for some time.

I'm pretty confident that vaping will never result in violent outbursts, so yes I am pretty sure on that.

I'm pretty confident that vaping will never result in violent outbursts, so yes I am pretty sure on that.
    Sorry when you said “harm” I was thinking of internal medical issues to those who use them and those around them who have to inhale the disgusting stuff which we probably won’t know the long term effect of for some time, not to mention the plastic issue to the planet a lot of them new throw away ones.

I didn’t associate “harm” with just violent out bursts.

Sorry when you said “harm” I was thinking of internal medical issues to those who use them and those around them who have to inhale the disgusting stuff which we probably won’t know the long term effect of for some time, not to mention the plastic issue to the planet a lot of them new throw away ones.

I didn’t associate “harm” with just violent out bursts.
    You aren't wrong, however I'd be happy to revisit this thread in 25 years time, the medical and sociological effects of vaping will never get near alcohol.

Either blanket ban vaping, smoking and alcohol or don't with any of them. As someone mentioned previously in this thread, gambling could be thrown in as well.

If you're banning vaping and smoking in the name of the NHS, I hope everyone keeps the same energy for booze.

You aren't wrong, however I'd be happy to revisit this thread in 25 years time, the medical and sociological effects of vaping will never get near alcohol.

Either blanket ban vaping, smoking and alcohol or don't with any of them. As someone mentioned previously in this thread, gambling could be thrown in as well.

If you're banning vaping and smoking in the name of the NHS, I hope everyone keeps the same energy for booze.
    How can you possibly know that, the answer is you can’t.

Responsible and moderate use of alcohol doesn't kill you. All the evidence is that responsible and moderate use of smoking or vaping does kill you. To therefore lump them in altogether is irresponsible. Vapes are also clearly, at least partially, aimed at young people which is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Responsible and moderate use of alcohol doesn't kill you. All the evidence is that responsible and moderate use of smoking or vaping does kill you. To therefore lump them in altogether is irresponsible. Vapes are also clearly, at least partially, aimed at young people which is illegal.
    You were so, so, so nearly right to having your first valid point for the first time in recorded CCMB history.

As you were however.