+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA Cup v FFC FFS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FA Cup v FFC FFS

What a shambles. 11:30am is taking the piss.

BBC Wales are showing it according to Fulham's website.

I'm guessing Hull v Swansea is staying at 3pm Saturday because they told the TV company to sod off.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What a shambles. 11:30am is taking the piss.

BBC Wales are showing it according to Fulham's website.

I'm guessing Hull v Swansea is staying at 3pm Saturday because they told the TV company to sod off.

Cardiff need the money. If you can guarantee that playing at 3pm on Saturday will bring in another 7,500 fans paying £10 each, then call up Choo and explain why he has made the wrong decision.

Look also at how many blocks are open, Cardiff know they will get no more than 6,000. This is the price we all have to pay for the financial catastrophe of the last 3/4 years. Thankfully, we have a national broadcaster that are bailing us out. Bolton Wanderers have no such luck.
    Last edited by CCFCPhil; 13-12-16 at 17:58.

That's a bummer for the NY Bluebirds. Finally a televised game and it kicks off at 6:30am on a Sunday. I'll give this one a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's a bummer for the NY Bluebirds. Finally a televised game and it kicks off at 6:30am on a Sunday. I'll give this one a miss.
    Fairweather fan

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Fairweather fan
    I went along for the Leeds game at 7:30am and I was the only one there! Me and about ten Leeds fans. Fair play to them, they could have been real dicks and took the piss all day long, but they were OK.

It annoys me that we've already lost some Saturday home games this season ,only to lose another one to egg central BBC Wales,for a few bob. Yesterday on the news, in non egg part of sports news and they never even mentioned that we had a game

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You're telling me you've got something better to do than watch s4c on a sunday in new york?.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    You're telling me you've got something better to do than watch s4c on a sunday in new york?.
    I may watch the second half at home. But I'm not going out to meet the other NY Bluebirds.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It's on BBC

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Cardiff need the money. If you can guarantee that playing at 3pm on Saturday will bring in another 7,500 fans paying £10 each, then call up Choo and explain why he has made the wrong decision.

Look also at how many blocks are open, Cardiff know they will get no more than 6,000. This is the price we all have to pay for the financial catastrophe of the last 3/4 years. Thankfully, we have a national broadcaster that are bailing us out. Bolton Wanderers have no such luck.
    Bailing us out?? How much do you think they are paying for this game? I doubt it'll cover the xmas party

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Bailing us out?? How much do you think they are paying for this game? I doubt it'll cover the xmas party
    To be fair, the TV money is probably equivalent to another 10,000 tickets being sold. It's a joke that we are on TV at all in a Cup tie that is about exciting as a mid-table Championship game. As the poster says, a few clubs would love to have a local broadcaster paying them good money. Some people here seem to think we have the right to tell the TV companies to sod off. They then complain that Cardiff are not on TV enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    To be fair, the TV money is probably equivalent to another 10,000 tickets being sold. It's a joke that we are on TV at all in a Cup tie that is about exciting as a mid-table Championship game. As the poster says, a few clubs would love to have a local broadcaster paying them good money. Some people here seem to think we have the right to tell the TV companies to sod off. They then complain that Cardiff are not on TV enough.
    Yes I agree with all that. The point I was making is that we are tens of millions of pounds in debt. One game shown by BBC Wales that I would guess would pay less than six figures is hardly bailing us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Yes I agree with all that. The point I was making is that we are tens of millions of pounds in debt. One game shown by BBC Wales that I would guess would pay less than six figures is hardly bailing us out.
    We can't turn it down though, can we? Bailing us out is an over exaggeration, but we should be grateful rather than pissed off.