+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Qpr message board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Qpr message board

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I actually thought they were pretty good, and we were lucky. They passed it well, but with purpose.
    Mistake playing Hughill who was snuffed our by our twin lighthouses, but they gave us the run around until it got to him.
    They’ve got a couple of very good players there. Defensively they were shite though, we could have scored a couple more and dominated the ball in the air.

We were also odds on to win that brawl at the end ��
    Totally agree,they posed little direct shot on goals ,you could argue the hitting of the posts were shots just going wide ,they did hve possession but not what I call damaging possession.

And we will win a fist fight against anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Totally agree,they posed little direct shot on goals ,you could argue the hitting of the posts were shots just going wide ,they did hve possession but not what I call damaging possession.

And we will win a fist fight against anyone.
    Positive that Smithies saved the 2nd one that hit the post (My boy thinks I'm imagining things though). Other than that I agree with everything else.

I hate all this possession talk crap. The aim of the game is to win, to win you need to score goals (more than your opponent obviously), to score goals you need to have attempts at goal. We do that. We were up the top end of the shots at goal stats a couple of games ago by playing direct football.

Would people be direct and more shots on goal or 70% possession (50% in your own half) and less shots at goal. We haven't been critical in terms of scoring from a lot of shots, so our 'goals for' would be less than we have now.

Saying that I would like to see Flint/Morrison bring a ball down once in a while, they persist to head or lump forward any ball in the air, whether being pressured or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Positive that Smithies saved the 2nd one that hit the post (My boy thinks I'm imagining things though). Other than that I agree with everything else.

I hate all this possession talk crap. The aim of the game is to win, to win you need to score goals (more than your opponent obviously), to score goals you need to have attempts at goal. We do that. We were up the top end of the shots at goal stats a couple of games ago by playing direct football.

Would people be direct and more shots on goal or 70% possession (50% in your own half) and less shots at goal. We haven't been critical in terms of scoring from a lot of shots, so our 'goals for' would be less than we have now.

Saying that I would like to see Flint/Morrison bring a ball down once in a while, they persist to head or lump forward any ball in the air, whether being pressured or not.
    Better sides know they can't just be one thing all the time.