+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Film 16

Re: Film 16

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Looks interesting.
    May have to wait for a digital release as the only local showing i can find is Penarth Pier tomorrow.
    Different...

Edit, just found it on a download site.
    I'll watch it once i've made my way through Stranger Things.
    I can thoroughly recommend Penarth Pier as a venue for films. It is incredibly 'intimate' with just two rows of seats for about 70 people. It creates a unique atmosphere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I can thoroughly recommend Penarth Pier as a venue for films. It is incredibly 'intimate' with just two rows of seats for about 70 people. It creates a unique seedy atmosphere.
    That sounds like a place we went to in Amsterdam

I saw Men and Chicken at the weekend. It's a Danish film. Very, very dark but funny as hell.

Just watched Kajaki.

As has been previously said, this film is by far and away the most accurate in terms of how squaddies speak, the kit, uniform an procedures used. An extremely true account of the events that actually happened by all accounts too.
    Very refreshing when compared to all the over dramatised, Holywood type depictions of how the military operate.

Well worth a watch if you have any sort of interest in this type of genre.

Banned

Eye in the Sky, biggest load of crap ever. Should have known better with Mirren staring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Eye in the Sky, biggest load of crap ever. Should have known better with Mirren staring.
    I've just finished Independence day resurgence.
    God awful film.

Banned

Clinton Cash the documentary is worth a view. Makes Trump look like the Pope.

Just watched Sicario. A tense,brooding and well made film. Well worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Cracking film!

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Watch all the director's other films too - "Incendies", "Enemy" and "Prisoners". He's always brilliant at tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Watch all the director's other films too - "Incendies", "Enemy" and "Prisoners". He's always brilliant at tension.
    Good call. The tension was very good so I will put these films on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I believe he's making the new bladerunner as well. Normally I'd be spitting feathers about this, but I'm quite looking forward to it with him at the helm.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot View Post
    I believe he's making the new bladerunner as well. Normally I'd be spitting feathers about this, but I'm quite looking forward to it with him at the helm.
    Me too. Think he's a great choice

Haven't watched yet,but here's link for I.D.2. Shadwell army.
    ****ing love you Gumbo.
    http://putlocker.is/watch-id2-shadwe...putlocker.html

Just watched Brooklyn. It's not my usual type of film but Saoirse Ronan turns in a stunning performance. Not really a lads film but I really enjoyed it.
    Also enjoyed the updated version of 3:10 to Yuma with Christian Bale and Russell Crowe although the ending was a bit of a letdown.

Watched Hell or High Water in the cinema tonight. Great film, really enjoyed it and would recommend.

I'll watch it once i've made my way through Stranger Things.
    Cheers for the recommendation - just finished Stranger Things and thoroughly enjoyed it.

One film I have really enjoyed recently was The Wave - a Norwegian disaster movie. Yep - you read that right a Norwegian disaster movie that puts the contrived shite Hollywood puts out to shame. It is a subtitled film so make sure you get a download with them. It may have been dubbed but I haven't seen this around. It was really well acted and had some properly tense moments in it that weren't hammed up. Would highly recommend it.

https://youtu.be/yKbo380TICE

I will up it to my google drive if there is demand.

Oh - and considering it was a Disney film I thought Finest Hours was pretty good. Some great special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot View Post
    Watched Hell or High Water in the cinema tonight. Great film, really enjoyed it and would recommend.

Cheers for the recommendation - just finished Stranger Things and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Introduced my kids to The Rocketeer over the weekend, cracking film, still stands up really well.

And Jennifer Connolly is stunning.

Just watched The Shallows.
    A decent bit of shark related fun.
    Beautiful film to look at, the surfing and underwater scenes are fantastic.

I thought The Shallows was a clever piece of cinema. Bit like the 127 Hours film. Read the synopsis and thought it would be a bit tiresome but it chugged along very nicely. And her bum was worth the watch alone!

If you are looking for something very silly but clever and very watchable have a look at Hunt For The Wilderpeople. My kids loved it as did my missus which is rare. For some reason it reminded me of Son Of Rambow in places despite being nothing like it what so ever.

Just finished Wilderpeople.
    Loved it,fantastic little film. Sam Neil and the kid are brilliant. Loved What we do in the shadows as well so i'm looking fforward to seeing what he can do with Thor.
    I can see Rambow in it as well know you mention it.

Looked forward to the shallows, but was very underwhelmed. Just o.k. and no more. The ****ing shark looked liked the one from Jaws!

Just finished Wilderpeople.
    Loved it,fantastic little film. Sam Neil and the kid are brilliant. Loved What we do in the shadows as well so i'm looking fforward to seeing what he can do with Thor.
    I can see Rambow in it as well know you mention it.
    If you like the quirkiness and fun of Wilderpeople have a look at Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre, MicMacs (French subbed), Amelie (French subbed again but the second best film in the world imho), Hot Rod (not as rude as it sounds) and slightly different The Way Way Back (best recnt film for a long time). Also liked The Lifeguard and The To Do List for their not so usual approach to film-making.