+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales v Denmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wales v Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    From what I can make out if we win the group we would replace England or Croatia, then if we failed to finish in the top 2 of our qualifying group we would have another chance in the nation's league playoffs where we would play the other winners in group B
    The latter bit about the play offs is definitely correct. Not sure which Group A team we would replace if we win the group.
    Just to add the Nations League will start again in 2020 so I’m guessing there will be a repeat scenario of play off winners coming from the Nations League group winners for the World Cup Finals in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The latter bit about the play offs is definitely correct. Not sure which Group A team we would replace if we win the group.
    Just to add the Nations League will start again in 2020 so I’m guessing there will be a repeat scenario of play off winners coming from the Nations League group winners for the World Cup Finals in 2022.
    This website seeks to explain the Nation Cup element of the play offs for the Euro Qualifiers. I am still not sure I understand how the replacement teams get selected for the higher league play-offs if the Group winners also qualify for the euros though.

This also suggests that we are in Pot 2 with Russia, Bosnia and the Ukraine.

https://www.footballseeding.com/inte...nts/euro-2020/

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    This website seeks to explain the Nation Cup element of the play offs for the Euro Qualifiers. I am still not sure I understand how the replacement teams get selected for the higher league play-offs if the Group winners also qualify for the euros though.

This also suggests that we are in Pot 2 with Russia, Bosnia and the Ukraine.

https://www.footballseeding.com/inte...nts/euro-2020/
    That’s very helpful. Thanks for posting it. So yes you are right. The top ten performing teams amongst the A seeds will be top seeds for the Euro draw. We will definitely be second seeds.