Over to you!
    Where’s the poll?

Re: Promotion or stay in the Championship poll

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Where’s the poll?
    Tis there, hopefully...

Hell of a good question.

Obviously if you play sport, you want to be the best you can be and that translates into being a supporter I guess.

I want city to do well, the “thrill of the chase”of a promotion battle is great, but.....

If the last time is anything to go by, if we do go up, then the local Man U fans will be rocking up en masse, “celebrity fans” will be back in the hospitality boxes, Saturday afternoon games will be the rarity rather than the norm and we’d be straight into a relegation fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Where’s the poll?
    In de club

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Hell of a good question.

Obviously if you play sport, you want to be the best you can be and that translates into being a supporter I guess.

I want city to do well, the “thrill of the chase”of a promotion battle is great, but.....

If the last time is anything to go by, if we do go up, then the local Man U fans will be rocking up en masse, “celebrity fans” will be back in the hospitality boxes, Saturday afternoon games will be the rarity rather than the norm and we’d be straight into a relegation fight.
    Absolutely.

Yes, it's an awkward question in a way. As fans we hate losing, but if we are happy being in the Championship, then we have to accept losing or we get promoted. "I want us to win all the time but I don't want us to get promoted" isn't an option!

I want us to go up and be another Leicester and piss everyone off

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    With Willie Boland coming out of retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    With Willie Boland coming out of retirement?
    That's the sort of player we would need , put the shits up the diving Ponce's that rule the premier league

Championship for me is much more enjoyable.

Prem for me

might aswell have another last shot at it

That's the sort of player we would need , put the shits up the diving Ponce's that rule the premier league
    To do that properly, you would need Phil (Joe) Dwyer back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely.

Yes, it's an awkward question in a way. As fans we hate losing, but if we are happy being in the Championship, then we have to accept losing or we get promoted. "I want us to win all the time but I don't want us to get promoted" isn't an option!

This sums up how I feel pretty well

The Capital of Wales with its catchment area of 1.5million people and 7th biggest city in England and Wales should be in the Premiership.

I'm fed up with the Championship to be honest.

Same old grounds , mostly , year after year , just a couple of new ones
    to tick off the " been to " list if they aren't too far away on aTuesday night.

Mind you Huddersfield is the only PL ground I have yet to visit.

Promotion for me.

I enjoy the Championship and hated most of that season in the Premier League, but being a football supporter is not about enjoyment.

We're supposed to suffer and go through hell with our team - and promotion would guarantee that! There would be all that lost sleep too - no more insulting snippet on Channel 5 at 9.30 but waiting for the insulting and truncated late match on MOTD at close to midnight.

That is until we break into Europe like our friends over the bridge are supposed to have done, or start playing sublime and beautiful (but winning of course) football like the galacticos of the (almost) Black Country.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Hell of a good question.

They are few are far between now !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Promotion for me.

I enjoy the Championship and hated most of that season in the Premier League, but being a football supporter is not about enjoyment.

We're supposed to suffer and go through hell with our team - and promotion would guarantee that! There would be all that lost sleep too - no more insulting snippet on Channel 5 at 9.30 but waiting for the insulting and truncated late match on MOTD at close to midnight.

That is until we break into Europe like our friends over the bridge are supposed to have done, or start playing sublime and beautiful (but winning of course) football like the galacticos of the (almost) Black Country.
    Promotion for me too.
    Spedger

I remember the South Wales Echo doing a poll in the early 70's. The season after To shack left. Majority in favour of div 2... rather than struggle in div 1.
    I knew we were ****ed when even the fans had no ambition