+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Former England manager ffs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Former England manager ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I remember a few seasons ago, I looked at foreign managers in the championship, there were something like 5 of them at the time, and 4 were in the top 6
    Why do you think foreign managers are generally more successful?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Not sure of the situation now, but historically they've put far more emphasis on coach training and development. Spain and Germany had many times more qualified coaches than England.
    You see a lot more tactical innovation and new approaches to the game than in British football generally.
    I think it probably has its roots in the difference at youth level, where in other countries there used to be a lot more emphasis on developing the players whereas here it was all about winning, so teams would just pick the biggest kids and lump it forward.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    My mate has a theory that in the UK, football is predominantly a working class game while abroad, it is a game for all walks of life, so managers abroad often have better educations, smarter etc.

I think our football is harmed by the pitches we play on, and our football isn't as good because of it. We don't have the pitches or facilities down to weather and money (which is ridiculous with riches of PL) etc, whereas in Spain and Italy etc, you can get the ball down and play from an early age. Also, culturally British football fans like to see tackles and battles, whereas abroad this isn't as common.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    My mate has a theory that in the UK, football is predominantly a working class game while abroad, it is a game for all walks of life, so managers abroad often have better educations, smarter etc.

I think our football is harmed by the pitches we play on, and our football isn't as good because of it. We don't have the pitches or facilities down to weather and money (which is ridiculous with riches of PL) etc, whereas in Spain and Italy etc, you can get the ball down and play from an early age. Also, culturally British football fans like to see tackles and battles, whereas abroad this isn't as common.
    These 4G pitches seem to be popping up everywhere nowadays which is a good thing imo it’s just hard to book them because the demand is so high, it makes me sick how much the premier league clubs are getting while all the lower league clubs are struggling to stay afloat then you have grass roots I just don’t know where all the money is going