+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signings

Signings

A couple of weeks to go now.
    How long before we hear the classic City statement...
    'We'll go with what we've got'

Re: Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    A couple of weeks to go now.
    How long before we hear the classic City statement...
    'We'll go with what we've got'
    I sincerely hope not.

Manga <-> Flint
    Gunnarson <-> Nelson
    Arter <-> Vaulks
    Camarasa
    Harris
    Zohore

You could argue that we’ll have Tomlin, Madine and Damour who weren’t in our 23 last season.

I'm confident that we'll see one or two more signings of players who'll go straight into the first team before the window closes. If we don't, then it seems to me that our squad will be quite a bit weaker than last seasons - as it is, we appear to have become even more of a typical Neil Warnock side with the signings made so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Manga <-> Flint
    Gunnarson <-> Nelson
    Arter <-> Vaulks
    Camarasa
    Harris
    Zohore
    Has Nelson played in midfield anywhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm confident that we'll see one or two more signings of players who'll go straight into the first team before the window closes. If we don't, then it seems to me that our squad will be quite a bit weaker than last seasons - as it is, we appear to have become even more of a typical Neil Warnock side with the signings made so far.
    The new manager will have his work cut out to keep the team in the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    The new manager will have his work cut out to keep the team in the premier league.
    Agreed, if Neil Warnock really does leave at end of the season, then, no matter what division we are in, any new manager is likely to want to carry out a big rebuilding job - especially when you consider that nearly all of our squad are in their late twenties or older.

International

But hopefully if we do get back up with themoney that will generate and with some good fiscal control these last couple of seasons he can have the cash pot to do it

Agreed, if Neil Warnock really does leave at end of the season, then, no matter what division we are in, any new manager is likely to want to carry out a big rebuilding job - especially when you consider that nearly all of our squad are in their late twenties or older.
    Perhaps the planning for next year squad begins in the January window .

If we go up I would not be shocked if Warnock went to Tan and said give me a decent transfer window , the ability to buy quality AND I'll stay , and keep you up this time ,it has to be a personal target for him ?

If we go up and i think we will i expect Warnock to do a u turn and want to stay.

As for signings and replacements i expect a couple more but theres been criticism of youth not getting a chance so perhaps the likes of Coxe will be in the 1st team squad.

Manga <-> Flint
    Gunnarson <-> Nelson
    Arter <-> Vaulks
    Camarasa
    Harris
    Zohore
    Just camarasa to replace then as the others did less than nothing. Reckon we will get a striker in....

This was my concern with Warnock staying on. There was already a rebuilding job to address particularly with the spine of the team.

Arguably so far the majority of new signings Cardiff have made are young. But only three have a realistic shot at first team football, Flint, Nelson and Vaulks.

Keen to see what other players Cardiff aim to buy before the window closes and if any of the returning loan players can contribute to the first team during this campaign.

I’d look at it more like this...

Bacuna was signed as Gunnar’s replacement, plus we’ve had a few come back off loan.

Numbers are here, but not so sure in quality.
    Out of our starting 11 then we definitely need a first choice striker and as for centre mid we need some decent competition in there, but we still need to shift a few out

Manga <-> Flint & Nelson ( also cover for injured Bamba)
    Gunnarson <-> Bacuna
    Arter <-> Vaulks
    Camerasa <-> Tomlin
    Harris .. not replaced
    Murphy <-> Day
    Zohore & Healey <-> Bogle & Madine

One week to go now, Same old City

Part of me feels that they leave themselves a little short in terms of quality and numbers so they can play the “this teams has little chance of succeeding “ card. We go up, it’s against the odds. We don’t, it’s to be expected. If you think about it, Warnock has never been one to embrace optimism when it comes to his squads chances of succeeding.

I think the club could be a little more ambitious and a lot more organised when it comes to recruitment. I remember Mehmet saying they’d been preparing for this transfer window since Christmas last year. That looks to me like a lot of hot air as things stand.

No doubt you thought that before the 2017/2018 season as well.

I dont think signing or selling players these days is easy.

I think we suffer more than most from not being fashionable , or in the best of geographical areas .

Players who are available to us probaly wait to see if a more central or near home club comes for them,before heading in our direction .

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Part of me feels that they leave themselves a little short in terms of quality and numbers so they can play the “this teams has little chance of succeeding “ card. We go up, it’s against the odds. We don’t, it’s to be expected. If you think about it, Warnock has never been one to embrace optimism when it comes to his squads chances of succeeding.

I think the club could be a little more ambitious and a lot more organised when it comes to recruitment. I remember Mehmet saying they’d been preparing for this transfer window since Christmas last year. That looks to me like a lot of hot air as things stand.
    This is beginning to shape up like last season where we played Bamba in midfield and Decordova-Reid as a lone striker at Bournemouth because of our lack of squad depth. At the moment, we have lost important members of last season's squad and is anyone optimistic that the four players signed so far are an improvement on the people they were brought in to replace? Day is better than Murphy I would hope, but Smithies is seemingly on his way out as well.

This is beginning to shape up like last season where we played Bamba in midfield and Decordova-Reid as a lone striker at Bournemouth because of our lack of squad depth. At the moment, we have lost important members of last season's squad and is anyone optimistic that the four players signed so far are an improvement on the people they were brought in to replace? Day is better than Murphy I would hope, but Smithies is seemingly on his way out as well.
    Lots can happen in 7 days but I think we can all agree that we would have preferred Cardiff to have confirmed crucial signings well before the deadline date.

As I stated previously this was a concern of mine with Warnock staying. Yes Cardiff have kept a well liked manager at the club with a proven record at this level. But this is also a manager who has verbally confirmed that this is likely to be his last campaign. Hard to secure signing players if they are not aware which direction the club is heading down the road.

With that in mind I think Cardiff are pinning their hopes on securing 2-3 loan signings. At least then, that player will not have a concern of where their place is at Cardiff City in 12 months time.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Lots can happen in 7 days but I think we can all agree that we would have preferred Cardiff to have confirmed crucial signings well before the deadline date.
    Transfer deadline is 8th August I believe, so 2 weeks left.

I'm kinda thinking how much of their budget is being held for paying back Nantes for the Sala and the new Training ground complex etc.
    We certainly don't look like breaching any EFL fair play regs at this stage😁

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Transfer deadline is 8th August I believe, so 2 weeks left.
    Ah very true was interpreting it as the Thursday before the Championship season kicks off. So make that 14 days then.

We need some quality in the middle not just work horses.

I suggest teams will better defend against the Warnock way than 2 seasons ago. We’ll struggle to score.

I hope I’m wrong.

I see no problems with this squad. Front line is great. Defence looks good. Keepers, nice. Midfields - sufficient. With one or two additions we'll spank this league.