Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
This point is gonna be batted back and fiorth like a tennis ball, because of your failure to understand the point I’m making.
I’m not doubting Giggs ability as a player and all the trophies he has won. He did it surrounded by top class players though, with little “winning mentality” when it came to his country.
He was shit scared of Fergie, and didn’t have the balls to stand upto him.
Anyone can have winning mentality at a top club, in there comfort zone.
Bellamy on the other hand was a footballing nomad, who showed his desire to win everywhere he played, Be it Liverpool, Celtic, Man City or Norwich.
Ok, he has no where near as many trophies as Giggs, but he is his own man, backs down to nobody, and loved playing for his country, and gave 100% for clubs and country.
I dont think players who win 9 leagues in 11 years, and 13 in 20 do so by being in a "comfort zone".

Theres a difference between someone having a winning metality and actually winning things, and someone who gives 100% and is desperate to win but never wins anything. .

Comparing Ryan Giggs and Craig Bellamys winning mentality is like comparing Phil Taylor to Mervyn King.

Bellamy was a football nomad because he had no respect for his peers and chased the pound note. He was either bombed out because the hassle of managing him outweighed what he produced on the pitch, or he forced a move for money.

He couldnt even respect the great Sir Bobby Robson and even took a golf club to a team mates legs ffs.