+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dry Tomorrow Hopefully

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Dry Tomorrow Hopefully

Today was horrendous near me, the ball would stop at it hit the ground, the other team had travelled 1 hour 15 mins to get to us and were not keen to call it off

a shame as the game died at 1/2 time as the pitch was just water , they scored a winner in the last min from a corner, a real shame as a draw was the right result and a reward for both sets of girls playing in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Today was horrendous near me, the ball would stop at it hit the ground, the other team had travelled 1 hour 15 mins to get to us and were not keen to call it off

a shame as the game died at 1/2 time as the pitch was just water , they scored a winner in the last min from a corner, a real shame as a draw was the right result and a reward for both sets of girls playing in the rain
    Is it a private or council pitch Matt? The council are akin to Derby when there’s a hint of bad weather and call games off en block,fair play to the girls for battling through though

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

You are West Country aren't you?

Yeovil v Hartlepool got called off 90 mins before ko. Shit for the Hartlepool fans who travelled 5 - 6 hours to get there

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Is it a private or council pitch Matt? The council are akin to Derby when there’s a hint of bad weather and call games off en block,fair play to the girls for battling through though
    Its a local parish council pitch, they dont get involved in it, let the club decide, I wish we had called it off at 1/2 time, a draw was a fair result and the other team would have felt like they had played a game, our GK was so cold she cried at 1/2 and full time, of course the other players were running around, she wasnt

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    You are West Country aren't you?

Yeovil v Hartlepool got called off 90 mins before ko. Shit for the Hartlepool fans who travelled 5 - 6 hours to get there
    yes, just outside Bath, the rain really started to come down really hard as we arrived, the pitch is unplayable tomorrow for the other teams