Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
The Brexit party basically took the UKIP vote and the most no deal voters from the tories.

If you look at the split Brexit and agreement/Libdem as the remain/leave it’s still pretty even.

For me though anyone voting labour or Tory in this election must be pro leave because they’ve both been so clear on wanting to leave.

I voted Labour (Yorkshire & The Humber) and I am definitely pro-Remain. I know a lot of others the same. I also know a lot of Labour voters (usually) who went Green, and I suspect some of them won't come back to Labour.

Overall this feels like the last warning shot before the electoral map is torn up. The turnout was down - so just over a third of voters bothered (unlike the rest of Europe) and the outcome is massively affected by abstentions and tactical votes. In some ways it was like a free shot. But at the same time Labour and (even more so) the Tories have been hammered - partly because of what they have done or not done in the last 3 years but mainly because they are as split as the electorate as a whole. I don't see this election as a template for a general election, but the 2 party system may not recover.