+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Llantrisant Road

Llantrisant Road

Opened today for the first time in 3 weeks.
    I came home from work that way today from Groesfaen to Rhydlafa and I can't for the life of me see what was done when it was shut.
    Can anyone shed any light on this?

International

Re: Llantrisant Road

Pipe laying/rerouting apparently for the new build estates

It was good while it was shut. It made my cycle commute from Danescourt in to town much more pleasant

Definitely a reason not to regret my move from Fairwater.

Drainage work. Only visible signs seem to be new road markings making a section now 30mph and another 40 mph (when it all used to be National Speed Limit. And two new sets of traffic lights

I live in Creigiau and last three weeks have been great. The Cardiff commute from Llantwit Fardre and the Taff Ely area avoided our village and the roads around it.

The A4119 though will get worse as the new estates are built and populated and a further planning application has been submitted for another 650 houses.

They are adding new intersections / traffic controls outside the new housing estates but then all traffic goes back into the traditional non dual cariageway road but expecting to handle thousands more cars a day.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Definitely a reason not to regret my move from Fairwater.
    Yeah Paul, no danger of enabling works taking place up your ‘new’ way such as pipe laying and services such as electric, gas & water being introduced any time soon, no disruption for a good twenty years. T Rex still no.1? 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Yeah Paul, no danger of enabling works taking place up your ‘new’ way such as pipe laying and services such as electric, gas & water being introduced any time soon, no disruption for a good twenty years. T Rex still no.1? 😂😂😂😂
    The T Rex still exists up there.........

Opened on Sunday - went for a drive in the afternoon - very pleasant - no dickheads on your bumper because you dare to do the speed limit and not break the law

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The T Rex still exists up there.........
    Getting free solar panels fitted today I'll have you know - the roads to Cardiff are a nightmare, but it's a gorgeous place to live on a morning like this.

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;4996534]Getting free solar panels fitted today I'll have you know - the roads to Cardiff are a nightmare, but it's a gorgeous place to live on a morning like this.[/QUOT

I can imagine. What (if anything) do you miss from living in Cardiff ad what are the biggest differences you've experienced.

[QUOTE=Tuerto;4996540]
    Getting free solar panels fitted today I'll have you know - the roads to Cardiff are a nightmare, but it's a gorgeous place to live on a morning like this.[/QUOT

I can imagine. What (if anything) do you miss from living in Cardiff ad what are the biggest differences you've experienced.
    I can honestly say that I've missed Cardiff less than I thought I would. I mentioned the roads to Cardiff are poor, especially when you compare them to the one to Swansea, but the train service isn't bad at all, especially now they've started running trains direct to and from Ninian Park on match days. My other main moan is the doctors I'm with, everyone said they weren't much good when I arrived here and they were right.

I do miss the convenience of being so close to so many good stores in Cardiff, but there's good shops around here within a short drive once you become aware of them. I think I would have found it tougher if I was still drinking and going out on the weekends, but, at my age, I'm happy enough to be virtually tea total and stay in at nights with a cup of cocoa !

The sort of thing I love up here is the pay what you want cafe on Thursdays in the local church where you can go for good quality lunchtime meals and pay what you feel is a fair price - if places like that existed in Cardiff, I was unaware of them.

I thought at least the temporary traffic lights by the new estate would have gone.
    And they still had a stop go sign by the church whilst they were doing road markings.

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;4996580]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

I can honestly say that I've missed Cardiff less than I thought I would. I mentioned the roads to Cardiff are poor, especially when you compare them to the one to Swansea, but the train service isn't bad at all, especially now they've started running trains direct to and from Ninian Park on match days. My other main moan is the doctors I'm with, everyone said they weren't much good when I arrived here and they were right.

I do miss the convenience of being so close to so many good stores in Cardiff, but there's good shops around here within a short drive once you become aware of them. I think I would have found it tougher if I was still drinking and going out on the weekends, but, at my age, I'm happy enough to be virtually tea total and stay in at nights with a cup of cocoa !

The sort of thing I love up here is the pay what you want cafe on Thursdays in the local church where you can go for good quality lunchtime meals and pay what you feel is a fair price - if places like that existed in Cardiff, I was unaware of them.
    You sound content with life , and thats all that matters👍

Getting free solar panels fitted today I'll have you know - the roads to Cardiff are a nightmare, but it's a gorgeous place to live on a morning like this.
    Didn’t realise that they were still installing this shit !!!!

Hope you’re not thinking of moving in the future !!!!