+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales squad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wales squad

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Just going from the age and level of a many players in the squad, we could probably have signed or could be a realistic destination for a fair few of the players in the squad.

I for one would be very happy if we adopted a model similar to that of Athletic Bilbao and tried to sign Welsh players. I feel like a lot is made of us as fans from Wales when we are in England and that our difference to the rest of the clubs in that respect has earned us some kudos. I reckon that if we had a strong core of 7/8/9 players who are eligible fir the national team it’s add to that sense of unity. I for one would feel more connected to the team if we had a Welsh core. That’s not to say that I’m standoffish with the current squad, but it’s definitely add something for me. That’s one of the reasons I’m not keen on NW and would like someone like Craig Bellamy to have a go.
    Iwan Roberts said on the Elis James podcast that Regan Poole is about to be released by Man Utd. Had a good loan spell at Newport, apparently. Could be a good addition.

Re: Wales squad

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Iwan Roberts said on the Elis James podcast that Regan Poole is about to be released by Man Utd. Had a good loan spell at Newport, apparently. Could be a good addition.
    I’m not 100% sure about his ability but he must have something about him if Manure wanted him.

Pretty much zero chance of that happening under NW though. I think that will be the most worrying thing about keeping him on as manager, he’s likely to leave an old-ish squad. Tough for whoever comes after him.