+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another giveaway by the Under 23s as they added to their sizeable collection of matches not won despite having 2-0 leads at one time. At least I've now seen Gary Madine score a goal for us mind - he, Connolly and Smithies all played and he nodded in a Cameron Coxe cross from close range to give City an early lead which they held until half time. Sub Jamie Veale capitalised on the Palace keeper spilling a Madine shot to make it 2-0 with less than twenty minutes to go and, with Palace (who had Scott Dann in their team) not having had an effort on target before then, a comeback for the visitors seemed miles off, but they got one back on seventy eight minutes with the best goal of the game and then three minutes later capitalised on naive City defending to level - by the end, the visitors were looking the more likely winners.

Neil Warnock watched the second half of the game - I doubt it if he was impressed.
    Thanks for that.

A lot of central midfielders at that level and we may only be left with Ralls at the end of the season in the first team squad, do you see any of them making the step up? Is Duffus still not fully fit? I was hoping he'd push on this season.

You're part of a very elite group to have seen Cornelius, Madine and Fred score for us. You should get a T-shirt made, other City fans will look at it and bow down to you in respect. Didn't Berget score in one of those games too? If so, did you see it?

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Thanks for that.

A lot of central midfielders at that level and we may only be left with Ralls at the end of the season in the first team squad, do you see any of them making the step up? Is Duffus still not fully fit? I was hoping he'd push on this season.

You're part of a very elite group to have seen Cornelius, Madine and Fred score for us. You should get a T-shirt made, other City fans will look at it and bow down to you in respect. Didn't Berget score in one of those games too? If so, did you see it?
    Duffus played yesterday and did a decent no fills type job playing in front of the defence, it may not have been a coincidence that Palace got back into the game after he went off. Yes I did see Berget score for us, saw Burgstaller do so as well (he's scored for the first team in that game we played against Coventry at Northampton though I seem to remember) - here's my piece on yesterday's game

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

but I'm going to start a probably doomed attempt to get some replies to it in a separate thread because we might have had a "wonderkid" in the side yesterday.